About KIPP Nashville Public Schools
KIPP Nashville Public Schools is a network of high-performing, free, open enrollment K-12 schools that has been committed to positively affecting student outcomes in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is part of the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates 100,000+ students nationwide and supports students from Kindergarten through college, career and beyond. Through the KIPP Forward program, our team helps students identify their career of highest aspiration and develop the skills and confidence to chase their dreams.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 3 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 1 high school and we are excited to open our doors to a 2nd high school in 2023. Our student community consists of over 3,000 students in North, East and South Nashville. 94% of our students identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and 26% are identified as diverse learners. We are excited to continue our growth to ensure all students in Nashville have access to an excellent education and the resources necessary to push past any boundaries that may stand in their way.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to together with families and communities create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence they need to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do what it takes for students to be their best, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Director of Enrollment plays a critical role in realizing our mission of providing all students in Nashville with an excellent educational option by overseeing KIPP Nashville’s student recruitment and enrollment strategy and processes. The Director of Student Recruitment and Enrollment will report directly to the COO and manage the Student Recruitment and Enrollment Team.
Responsibilities of the Director of Enrollment include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of a regional vision and strategy for student recruitment and enrollment, ensuring full enrollment in 100% of KIPP Nashville’s schools throughout the school year.
- Define metrics, set targets, and track progress against recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Manage a regional student recruitment and enrollment team.
- Manage school operations teams to ensure school recruitment and enrollment efforts are planned and executed.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive training and support program-including leading on-the-ground efforts around family and community engagement, canvassing, etc.
- Maintain a portfolio of programs and community organizations to build and sustain partnerships that support student recruitment.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on student recruitment mailings and media outreach strategy.
- Create and facilitate strong cooperation and systems across KIPP Nashville schools to optimize feeder patterns and achieve at least 85% Elementary-to-Middle and Middle-to-High school matriculation for our KIPPsters.
- Partner with Head of School Operations to oversee school scheduling and execution of information sessions, lottery, and new family orientations.
- Partner with Head of School Operations to oversee Operations Leaders’ management of student and family enrollment process from lottery to first day of school.
- Partner with the Data team to oversee data systems management of the enrollment process.
- Manage relationships with Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNSP) and Tennessee Public Charter School Commission regarding lottery implementation and compliance.
- Five years work experience in people and/or project management
- Demonstrated record of success in managing varied stakeholders to outcomes
- Experience in school operations or business operations (project management, vendor management, etc.) with track record of success
- Strong project management experience; strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of KIPP Nashville; comfort and willingness to actively participate in the KIPP Nashville community
- Bachelor’s degree required; proficiency in Spanish a plus
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission, students, families, and community
- Firm belief in affirming the identity of students, families and staff
- Demonstrates excitement in growing students into their highest selves
- Passionate and committed to being a leader for racial justice and equity, and working in an organization committed to anti-racism
- Excellent communication skills with diverse constituents; clear writer, facilitator and speaker and eagerness to collaborate
- Demonstrate commitment to continue their professional development individually, eager to offer and respond positively to feedback
- Ability to tackle multiple projects and initiatives at once with a strong sense of organization, prioritization, follow through and results orientation
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, and willing to go above and beyond to meet the varied needs of students
Our comprehensive compensation package includes life insurance and long-term disability coverage provided by KIPP Nashville, voluntary medical and dental plans, in addition to retirement benefits and an annual salary increase. To establish equitable salary practices, the compensation package is derived from the regional KIPP Nashville Public Schools pay scale. This position is exempt and will follow a 12-month schedule.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.