Overview of Position: The Dishwasher is primarily responsible for all dishes in the kitchen. They are also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the kitchen by removing garbage. This area is extremely busy and requires constant movement.
Job Duties: The list below best represents many tasks you will be asked to perform at some time during your employment here at Windham Mountain. We cannot predict all the challenges that we may face in providing the product our guests expect. We will never ask you to perform a task that is inherently unsafe or that you are not adequately trained to perform.
- Set up dishwasher for daily use, including tub for silverware.
- Check all soap and dry agents.
- Place garbage bags in containers kitchen/cafeteria and remove trash form kitchen to dumpster.
- Wash dishes throughout the day and maintain all sink areas.
- Clean rubber mats in kitchen and cafeteria.
- Store all utensils, pots, pans etc in proper location.
- Sweep floor at the end of day.
- Assist in retrieving goods needed from the storeroom, cooler, freezer and outside box.
- Clean stainless steel area, glass rack area and machine. Clean and maintain machine.
- Assist Chef and Supervisor when needed.
- Must be clean, neat and very organized.
- Must be familiar with kitchen tools, utensils, and equipment.
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly and accurately.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and to remain standing for an entire work shift.
- Must have hands-on experience in food preparation and service.
- Must be able to handle a stressful, noisy and crowded work environment.
- Must be comfortable interacting with both staff and guests in a friendly and helpful manner.