Central Transport LLC
El Paso, TX
Central Transport LLC is one of the nation’s most reliable and technologically advanced LTL (Less-than-Truckload) carriers to date. We are privately owned and have been servicing manufacturing & retail companies of all sizes for almost 90 years now. With over 200 locations around the country, we pride ourselves on the continuous expansions that we have made and are still making strides to improve our operation systems to better service our wide network of clientele.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, including: 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical/Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Life Insurance.
Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule of:
Salary ranges from:
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
· Experience in managing a team, preferably in transportation operations
· A thorough understanding of the LTL trucking industry
· Prior management, dispatch and dock experience required, preferably in LTL trucking industry
· Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to hire, coach, counsel, train, and mentor employees
· Desire to surround customer with excellence in service
· High aptitude for technology
· The ability to multi-task while being detail oriented
· Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
· Must be willing to work 50 hours/week average
· Must be able to work any shift including nights and/or weekends and in any weather condition
· Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high pressure environment with multiple priorities
· An associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred but not required
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee Dispatch operations for your designated section of the terminal dock
· Manage up to 30 local LTL drivers and dock personnel to achieve a designated production schedule.
· Utilizing your independent judgement to build loads based on available labor and freight levels.
· Ensure proper load of carriers by monitoring the cube and weight of trailers
· Provide leadership and accountability to a team of drivers, dock workers and dock hand.
· Monitor dock production, ensuring facility Key Performance Indicator goals are met and/or exceeded.
· Monitor hours and overtime.
· Maintain a safe work environment compliant with state and federal DOT/OSHA standards.
· Ensure company operational model compliance.
· Support a culture of excellence in quality of product to internal and external customers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- LTL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location