Distribution Center - Operator I
Location: Sheridan, AR
Want to build a career you can be proud of? Kohler Co. manufacturing teams are hiring!
We’re looking for passionate people to join a culture dedicated to safety and innovation—with opportunities for advancement within our Sheridan Faucets and Plastics divisions.
- Reads orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping dock staging area.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Prepares parcels for shipping.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Wages start between $16.76 to $17.66 hourly, plus shift premiums of $.80
- $3,000 sign-on bonus
- Up to 10 paid holidays annually after 30 days
- Market leading benefit package, including:
- 100% company paid pension program AND a 401k plan with company match!
- Health insurance coverage with monthly premiums currently as low as $20 per month
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as identity protection and pet insurance
- Discounts on Kohler products
- Tuition support for advanced education
- Growth and career advancement opportunities
- High school diploma.
- Ability to obtain a fork truck license and be able to safely move material.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.