Climate Vault Job Opportunity: Donor Development - Finance Services
About Climate Vault
Climate change is one of the existential crises of our times, and the question remains: how much hotter are we going to let it get?
Founded at the University of Chicago, Climate Vault's mission is to help organizations and individuals voluntarily reduce their carbon footprints and foster innovation in carbon removal. Climate Vault is a Delaware-incorporated non-stock, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Building on our early success, we are building our team to have an even greater impact. As a fast-growing non-profit startup, we are searching for flexible go-getters who welcome the challenges of a growing organization. Culture is important to us - from the ground up we are building on our culture of pragmatic high-speed forward movement and getting (important) things done.
This is your opportunity to be part of a great team that is building something significant and making an impact on stopping climate change.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced donor development manager to focus on the financial services market to create new opportunities and engage the growing number of banks, assessment management companies and private equity firms pursuing net-zero goals and looking for ways to achieve carbon neutrality for their companies and their clients.
This position will be part of the donor development team but will work closely with marketing, operations, and management to drive donations and support for the Climate Vault mission. The right person will have over five years of experience in the finance industry and demonstrated success in a previous finance/banking related sales or business development role.
An ideal candidate will be an energetic and passionate individual with high integrity who can hit the ground running. They understand that climate change is the existential threat of our time and are anxious to produce results to help Climate Vault in its mission to reduce CO2 emissions and support CO2 removal technologies.
The carbon market industry is experiencing unprecedented demand and this role provides a unique opportunity to grow and be part of an outstanding team, delivering an innovative new solution in the fight against climate change.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute strategies for outreach and development of new finance industry donors
- Engage with prospective donors every day with the urgency that the mission deserves
- Present the Climate Vault solution to senior leaders within prospective donor organizations
- Manage forecast, pipeline, and donation expectations; monitor KPIs for analysis and predictability of the donor development business
- Provide regular reporting and updates to the Head of Donor Development and stakeholders on progress and achievement of plans
- Stay current with the market and regulatory developments in the areas of climate change, carbon markets, and corporate sustainability
- Stay current with the competitive landscape, new competitor entrants and market changes, and how best to present the Climate Vault solution
- Manage and grow existing donor partnerships
- Research and analyze data to create reports, proposals, and grant applications
- Proven record of sales success in an finance or crypto environment
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build a long-term relationship
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a sales or business development role
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also function as a team player who will take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to adapt and be successful in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience or education in the corporate sustainability or climate change fields is a definite asset
- Bachelors or Masters degree in finance, economics or business preferred