Healthy Kids is one of the tri-state area’s largest providers of Early Learning, Before and After School and Summer Camp Programs with over 100 locations. We are reinventing accessible and affordable child care for today’s families and creating opportunities for teachers and caregivers to do what they love (and feel valued while they’re doing it). Join our community to provide the quality program children deserve while pursuing your own professional growth and development.
We are currently hiring for Teacher’s Assistants for our Infant, Toddler and Preschool classrooms at our new Early Learning Center in Monticello, NY.
AND WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE WE ARE EXTENDING OUR HOURS TO INCLUDE FRIDAY 6:30PM - 10:00PM AND SATURDAY 8:00AM - 10:00PM. DAYCARE NOW AVAILABLE ON SATURDAYS!!!!!
REPORTS TO: Classroom Teacher
JOB STATUS: Non‐exempt; part time
LOCATION: 518 Broadway, Monticello, NY
JOB CONSISTS OF:
- Assist the Lead Teacher with hands-on activities following the Creative Curriculum to meet the needs and interests of the children.
- Communicate daily with parents and family members via the Brightwheel App.
- Create positive adult/child interactions using the CLASS method.
- Aids in the education, health, welfare and safety of the members enrolled in their classroom and the center as a whole using ECERS/ITERS.
- 18 years or older High Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 years’ experience working directly with children under 5 in a formal childcare setting is preferred.
- Must pass a full background check, including fingerprinting, references, SEL & SCR through NYS Office of Children and Family Services.
- Must be medically fit to perform all job duties, free of communicable disease including TB and provide documentation from a licensed physician within the past year.
- Warm, friendly, caring, upbeat personality. Exceptional people skills in dealing with young children, parents and staff. Professional, reliable and prompt.
- Must have the stamina and physical flexibility (walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, pulling, running, reaching, climbing, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.) without assistance to participate in children’s activities.
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development and FREE CDA Credentials through our Apprenticeship Program*
In addition, we offer competitive benefits for the majority of our employees including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Plans.
Please join us for our Virtual Open Interview Month all August long! Schedule an interview today with the hiring manager by visiting www.healthykidsprograms.com/interview and learn more about joining our team www.healthykidsprograms.com/jobfair
Healthy Kid’s is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Healthy Kids Programs makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, visit: healthykidsprograms.com
- The Healthy Kids Apprenticeship Program is designed for anyone looking to pursue a career in Early Childhood Learning and provides a direct path to a Lead Teacher position with on the job training and a scholarship to cover the cost of your Childhood Development Associate Credential (CDA).