Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Coachella Valley is our duty and driving business is our responsibility.
On January 25, 2020, the AHL granted the 32nd AHL franchise to Oak View Group (OVG). As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, this team continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 22-23 AHL season. In addition to the development of a new state of the art facility (Coachella Valley Arena) OVG is consecutively building their front office headquarters and training facility adjacent to the Arena, with one NHL regulation rink. This development represents not only further investment in making Coachella Valley the epicenter of Southern California but establishing a new skating presence within the region for the first time.
The Arena is seeking an experienced Electrician who will oversee all electrical equipment and infrastructure
The role of the Electrician is to take the lead in the safe and efficient testing and preventative maintenance existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will insure their proper operation, performance and reliability. This includes low voltage requirement within the facilities. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing electrical equipment and infrastructure at the Arena. This includes power distribution cable-runs and hand-off/plug-ins for Arena Events, lighting and ballast work, variable frequency drive (VFD) maintenance, electrical breaker and panel maintenance, switchgear maintenance and operation, transformer maintenance, automatic transfer switch operation and maintenance, electrical feed lock-out/tag-outs, Fire Alarm/Security Low Voltage maintenance.
- Regular preventative maintenance.
- Provide support for electrical needs of the Operating Engineers, IT/AV, and larger Arena Operations team.
- Responsible for general upkeep and cleanliness of all Electrical Rooms, including dusting and mopping floors, painting of walls, and conduit and panel marking.
- Operate and maintain Arena chillers, boilers, ice plant, cooling towers, pumps, air handling units, fan coil units, VAVs, exhaust fans, restrooms and associated Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, fire protection and low voltage infrastructure.
- Complete reactive tasks during events such as lighting repairs, breaker / circuit issues and normal power interruption incidents.
- Support the Engineering & Maintenance Department staff on tasks requiring electrical work.
- Embrace technology, including taking ownership over the Arena's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and directing the efficient completion of work.
- Comply Arena policies, including safety, job performance and personal conduct.
- Assist with coordinating with external vendors and contractor personnel - making sure that work is performed up to job specifications and Arena standards.
- Work in a client-focused manner with other Arena departments to accomplish work orders and exceed expectations for quality of work.
- Effectively communicate with all Engineering & Maintenance team members to accomplish projects and tasks.
- Participate in a healthy and supportive culture amongst the Engineering & Maintenance team.
- Ensure tools and equipment are in good repair and properly store
Salary: $30 - $35 Per HourRequirements:
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2-year technical accreditation preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in property and/or facilities maintenance
- Experience with large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (12,000 seats) is highly desirable
- Minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible electrical experience required, in an operational environment such as electrical construction or maintenance.
- Must possess a working knowledge of electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment.
- Must be able to work in heights of 125 ft. and with consideration lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication and expression skills are a must in working effectively with all individuals both inside and outside the company. Must be able to accurately and neatly complete all necessary forms and paperwork.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems; ability to troubleshoot electrical switchgear, transformers, and work with 480 volt, 3-phase power
- Able to work both independently with minimum supervision and in a team atmosphere
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Able to effectively interact with customers, field staff, co-workers and vendors
- Flexible and able to work with constantly adjusting schedule, priorities, and responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional experience in leading, motivating and developing employees
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
Intermittent Travel (<10% travel): Trips will require some air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Frequent bending, lifting 50-75 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
May occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present.
May occasionally require working in harsh weather conditions.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.