Type: Full Time
Location: Washington DC
Overtime Exempt: Yes
Reports To: ARMADA HQ
Security Clearance Required: Active Top Secret
*******$1k Sign-On Bonus for Qualified Candidates*******
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing Client global policy standards and programs for emergency preparedness program planning and coordination. Drafted documentation shall be presented to Client management for review and revised in accordance with their provided comments and guidance.
- Propose alterations to existing emergency management plans to reflect changes in law and policy and lessons learned from previous exercises and incidents.
- Participate in exercises and discussions involving the Continuity of Operations Program.
- Continue to perform essential agency functions as set forth in the Continuity of Operations Plan in the event of a continuity event.
- Provide guidance on emergency management laws, regulations, standards and best practices.
- Conduct briefings, training classes and presentations on Emergency Preparedness.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of an Occupant Emergency Plan for the building occupied by the Client. Work with municipal and federal agencies for response coordination. Assist in planning and conducting Emergency Management exercises for the Client.
- Keep informed of events or activities related to the likelihood of an emergency, especially those that could affect response efforts.
- Assist in the coordination of responses to disasters and emergencies affecting agency operations and personnel.
- Disseminate course material and resources via Department website.
- Take part in special projects and studies affecting the overall preparedness of the Client and satellite properties.
- Provide recommendations on training, system improvement, implementation and execution.
- Research and procure materials and equipment related to program.
- Knowledge of Emergency Management Notification systems
- Participate in cross-training and assist with the training of new personnel, as directed.
- Submit time and expense reports per Company protocols, comply with Company and contract policies and procedures, support other duties as assigned by PM or Company Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, stay alert and focused, and coordinate and manage electronic security equipment.
- Ability to use computer software applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases and email.
- Possess excellent organizational and file management skills and the ability to plan and execute administrative work with little supervision
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Possess excellent typing abilities and the skill to prepare documents accurately with minimal errors.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, colleagues and command members at all levels; and to foster positive business relationships.
Minimum General Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience or if no bachelor's degree, 8 years of experience in emergency preparedness, homeland defense, and law enforcement. Expertise providing input and design on policy. Strategic planning and project execution. Experience directing and controlling design and development, evaluation and control, and After-Action Review and Improvement Plan development.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the contractor assigned to this position.
Applying: If you feel you have the knowledge, skills and abilities for this position visit our careers page at www.armadausa.com.
Special Notes: Relocation is not available for these jobs.
ARMADA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
ARMADA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.