Job descriptionOverview: PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance. Summary: At PaperWorks, we are in pursuit of being recognized as a Great Place to Work®. To get there, we need an experienced, motivated End User Services Analyst to join the IT team in our Baldwinsville, NY facility. In this role, you will provide professional technical support to users, detect hardware/software problems, and resolve issues. Our End User Services Analyst is charged with planning, performing, and managing support tasks and activities that require subject matter knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support under the ITIL framework. Professionals seeking a challenging, multi-faceted position in a fast-paced work environment will enjoy the diverse responsibilities of this role. The End User Services Analyst reports to the Manager - End User Support. Responsibilities:
How you will impact PaperWorks:
- Install and upgrade computer hardware/software and provide complete assistance to the end-users while configuring hardware, software, and peripherals of the end-user systems. Provide general support, project coordination, imaging / re-imaging desktop, notebook, and virtual machine. Co-ordinate with the third-party service provider for the proper repair of the system under the maintenance agreement and warranty. Assist in installation of peripheral devices like printers, scanners, etc., and cabling. Diagnosed and resolved application, peripherals, and hardware issues reported by users.
- Categorize, identify, escalate, and manage issues reported by users through a help desk ticketing system. Provide technical support for the resolution of user issues, incidents, problems, requests, and queries. Liaise with other end-user services members and infrastructure support team to resolve issues promptly.
- Participate in projects including but not limited to end-user services improvements, new practices, team communication, and deployment of new functionality or technology. Keep and update documentation of end-user services policies and procedures. Work with team members to maintain proper coverage and backup coverage.
- Provide status/follow-up on open/close tickets for inquiring end users. Track and provide metrics on calls and tickets. Maintain problem status for each problem ticket assigned according to standards and specifications. Provide and perform asset management functions for all assets as per current policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the support team to prevent system downtime. Assist with user/hardware movement and relocations. Safely package equipment for sites and arrange for the transport of the hardware/equipment. Work effectively in a team environment and help other team members where needed.
- Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions are taken, through to final resolution. Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests. Performing preventative maintenance, including checking of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Assist and help end-user services team to manage and maintain help desk, user setup, license management, mobile / phone device management, and asset management. Proactively sought out & resolved problems and provide insight to the team. Assist in deploying standard corporate system policies. Maintain a high level of support to meet SLAs.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 2 – 3 years Information Technology experience; meaningful technical experience in software, hardware, networking, database, and ERP. Demonstrated understanding of ITIL methodology is a plus.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability in taking ownership and initiative of responsibilities and executing them to meet business needs and deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills to build relationships and effectively communicate with team members company wide. Ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of the organization,
- Excellent organizational skills, which require identification and resolution of issues on a timely basis and proactive communication with colleagues around the company.
- An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both IT and operational processes with a positive attitude!
This document outlines the minimum requirements of the position and is not intended to be all-inclusive of duties.