Your success is a train ride away!
As we move America’s workforce toward the future, Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority, and the success of our railroad is due to our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of ‘Do the Right Thing, Excel Together and Put Customers First’ are at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, ‘Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security’ are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak. By living the Amtrak values, focusing on our capabilities, and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
En Route Cleaners (ERC) must be detailed oriented personnel who can follow direction and procedures. ERC are responsible for the cleaning trainsets while the trains are in transit (moving) between station stops. Primary responsibility for en route cleaners will be cleaning the restrooms with secondary responsibility to the rest of the train. The ERC shall perform the duties including but not limited to mopping, surface cleaning, and bathroom services. The ERC must be punctual, work well alone and at a fast pace.
- Able to follow all Amtrak policies, standards and procedures as directed by Supervisor.
- Physically able to carry supplies, bend, reach, etc.
- Report supply shortages to Supervisor
- Report maintenance issues to the conductor or train attendant
- Responsible for stocking their own cleaning kit
- Will make any announcements as specified
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- The En Route Cleaners will be responsible for the following areas:
- Use cleaning products/supplies, as directed
- Empty waste bins
- Remove debris from floor
- Sweep floors
- Mop floors
- Replenish consumable items (soap, toilet paper, hand towels, deodorizer disks)
- Clean toilets, hand basins, and sinks
Rest of the Car:
- Empty waste bins
- When walking through the car, remove any trash on the floor or in the seat backs of
- If there are spilled liquids on seats, wipe and dry seats
- If the vestibule is wet from snow or rain, mop wet area
- Familiar with cleaning products/supplies both commercial and residential products necessary.
- ERC shall have working knowledge of cleaning standards and procedures.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of The Cleaning Industry Management Standards
- Knowledge of Green Seal Cleaning Standards
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Travel Requirements:Up to 100%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || No Additional