Job descriptionJob Description
This rotational program begins in Summer 2023.
At GM, our culture is to have a "One Team" approach, where we collaborate cross functionally to achieve enterprise-wide results. This program will give you the opportunity to work with a diverse group of teams to accomplish GM's strategic objectives and advance your career. You will play a key role in shaping the future of mobility!
Finance Development Rotational Program:
The Finance Analyst Rotational Program consists of rotations within Finance Operations, Accounting, and Treasury. During your program you will develop broad financial and communication. You will collaborate with GM's globally diverse organizations to gather data, perform analyses, and present recommendations to senior GM executives.
This program offers three (3) rotational assignments in high visibility areas. Analysts rotate an average of every 12 months to support different areas of the business. Upon completion of the program, you will be a finance analyst with meaningful experience that will prepare you for a future in GM Finance.
Rotations include developing business cases to achieve financial targets and improving profitability, being an active participant in establishing pricing, incentive, and marketing strategies to drive vehicle sales, and analyzing forecast results to provide predictive business modeling for senior leadership. Your rotation program typically consists of at least one (1) project requiring advanced data gathering, analytical capability, and presentation skills.
The positions are primarily in SE Michigan but can also include a plant across the country and, in later rotations, possibly overseas in business divisions or regional treasury centers.
Finance Operations rotations may include: Global Product Development; Strategy & Innovation; Digital; Sales, Service & Marketing; Global Cadillac, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain; Customer Care & Aftersales; EV Growth Operations; Global Manufacturing; Investor Relations; Financial Planning & Analysis; Treasurer's Office; Global Information Technology; Audit; Customs; and Global Business Solutions
Additional Job Description
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields.
- Must be graduating between September 2022 and June 2023
- Able to work full time, 40 hours per week
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
Strong Analytical Skills
- Functional/Technical Skills including Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage and Innovative Thinking
- Familiarity with common financial metrics like ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to analyze balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, capital structures, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or advanced accounting principles for Accounting roles
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
Teamwork and Leadership Skills
- Can collaborate with a diverse team including cross-functional partners
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Dives into data and corrects inconsistencies, finding and understanding root causes and drivers
- High level of integrity, accountability, and trust, and an ability to deal with ambiguity and take action
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
This role offers the following work appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The median level of the annual salary compensation for this role is $80,500 dependent upon class status and degree.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected] or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.