Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed! (Evening AccessProgram)
** Sign on bonus offered for eligible applicants and offered for a limited time.**
**Details to be discussed during the interview process.**
Health Care Resource Centers, an addiction treatment program, deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. At HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers),we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
The Substance Abuse Counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of 3+ years of individual counseling experience OR a Master's Degree in Behavioral Science
- LCSW/LICSW, LMHC and/or LADC preferred
- Demonstrated counseling experience
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Bi-Lingual preferred
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers), a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers)is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.