ABOUT ACRISURE ARENA:
America’s hottest music festival destination is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in December 2022, the Acrisure Arena will provide the greater Palm Springs area of Southern California with a premiere 11,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for hockey and concerts, the new arena will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all the benefits of a modern music and sports venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Seattle Kraken.
Acrisure Arena is a $290+ million project that is being 100% privately funded through outstanding partners Oak View Group, Live Nation, and the NHL Seattle Kraken.
The Events Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Event Services and is responsible for the planning and execution of Acrisure Arena events including hockey games, concerts, and special events. The Events Manager is a critical role in ensuring Acrisure Arena is seen a must visit destination by entertainers and athletes alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Manage and advance large scale events including concerts, sports events, and special events.
- Manage all production needs including stagehands, medical, fire, security, ushers/ticket takers, guest experience, audio/visual and all operating equipment.
- Manage planning, budgeting, and coordination of event operations before, during, and after assigned events for approximately 150 events annually.
- Meet with client groups to plan and organize assigned events and/or meetings.
- Guide clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies, and procedures, and resolving problems in a timely manner, ensuring an excellent experience for all involved.
- Work with VP Event Services to ensure all laws, codes, ordinances, polices, procedures, risk management, safety precaution, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Communicate and disseminate event related information to appropriate departments, vendors, and others in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Ensuring the necessary levels of resources, staffing coverage, and overall event understanding.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, partners, and all stakeholders.
- Prepare cost estimates and monitor final billing for assigned events.
- Monitor and supervise facility set up.
- Serve as primary liaison between clients and facility departments for assigned events.
- Monitor in-house events, maintaining close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follow up on all client request, concerns, and problems.
- Create AutoCAD’s for events.
- Manage the creation and formal submittal of AutoCAD drawings to the local fire marshal office for events to include adherence with local fire codes, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration, or a related field preferred. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- 3-5 years’ experience in large sports and/or music entertainment management and production
- Experience placing stagehand, audio/visual, show runners, guest service, police, security, and medical staffing calls for large events
- Experience in dealing with third party venders for large scale operational and event equipment
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, a resourceful problem solver, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable in ADA code and compliance
- Knowledgeable and proficient with VenueOps scheduling system
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended number of days, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Frequent bending, lifting 20+ pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.