The Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer in a one-on-one working relationship while also providing broad support to the rest of the Executive team. The position will also support and/or lead the coordination of meetings, events , and conferences. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external communications to the CEO.
Ideal candidates will have strong organizational and communications skills. This position will communicate with the CEO and other executives, both internal and external, on a daily basis and will require the appropriate verbal and written communications skills.
- Gatekeeper of all contact with the public, clients, and staff coming through the executive's office
- Schedule internal and external meetings; adjust and prioritize last-minute changes including logistics such as conference rooms, events, and catering
- Manage the CEO's day-to-day schedule; ensure that the CEO is well prepared for meetings and maintains list of follow up action items
- Support 3-4 C-suite Executives in addition to the CEO
- Coordinate and organize senior meetings, including but not limited to material preparation and distribution, coordination of guest speakers, and logistics.
- Arrange domestic/international travel, including developing detailed agendas, managing any visa requirements, and addressing other travel/logistics related requirements as needed.
- Manage telephone coverage as needed, including responding to inquiries, routing calls, and taking detailed messages.
- Manage other miscellaneous administrative activities including technology requests, preparing copies, managing supplies, coordinating equipment needs, reviewing/distributing incoming mail, and maintaining a fully functioning work area for the team.
- Provide back-up coverage for admin colleague(s) during planned or unplanned absences from the office
- Assistance with executing legal documents to be signed by various team members.
- Expected to be in-office 4 days a week
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- At least 10 years of administrative experience, ideally with experience in supporting C-Suite Executives
- Fluent in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Calendar
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including excellent telephone etiquette
- Resilient and flexible to adapt to changing and competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Extremely well organized with exceptional time-management skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, confidentiality, and trustworthiness especially as it relates to sensitive and confidential information
- College degree is a plus
- Experience working in the biotech or life sciences industry is a plus
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders' formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City's world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $488M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company's core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.