Founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, Oak View Group (OVG) is the largest developer of new arenas in the world with over $4.5 billion worth of projects in Seattle, Belmont Park, Austin, Savannah, Palm Springs, Milan, and Manchester (U.K.). The company has over 500 employees across five offices around the globe.
We are here to be a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry. At OVG, we own the space between the “What If” and the “How To.” We believe it is not enough to consider what our clients could be, we build businesses by dreaming of the impossible while thinking strategically and how to execute flawlessly. The status quo is our adversary.
We never forget that we are fans first and every decision we make is through that lens. It is that unique perspective that drives our passion for innovating and improving the live experience.
OVG is currently comprised of nine different business divisions that operate with one common goal in mind – to be a positive disruption. Each division is comprised of industry veterans who built their careers and reputations on the premise of leaving somewhere better and stronger than where they found it. Our immense practical and first-hand knowledge fosters an environment of trust, collaboration, and ingenuity. Humility is at our core. We do not strive to be the biggest – we strive to earn the respect of the industry and our clients through the world-class work that we do, and we take pride in being the best. Visit www.oakviewgroup.com to learn more about our company.
ABOUT ACRISURE ARENA:
America’s hottest music festival destination is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in the late 2022, the Acrisure Arena will provide the greater Palm Springs area of Southern California with a premiere 11,500+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for hockey and concerts, the new arena will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all the benefits of a modern music and sports venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Seattle Kraken.
Acrisure Arena is a $300+ million project that is being 100% privately funded through outstanding partners Oak View Group, Live Nation, and the NHL Seattle.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through exceptional sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, and honoring the culture and diversity of the cities that make up the Coachella Valley in Southern California.
Position Summary: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
The Executive Assistant/ Office Manager is a member of the Administration Team for Oak View Group (OVG) at the Acrisure Arena. We are looking for a proactive, driven, and collaborative professional who will be responsible for providing Administrative Assistance, Travel, and Office Management for the SVP, General Manager. Entertainment Experience Preferred. Expert in Powerpoint Presentation Development Preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners at the Berger Foundation on all operational aspects of the preview center including parking, custodial, IT and overall schedule keeping
- Coordinating Office master schedule between Sales, Operations and Executive team
- Meet and greet customers and partners as they arrive, general reception
- Lead all customer facing and back of house aspects including parking coordination, food and beverage service, updating marketing materials, gifting and general upkeep/cleanliness of office and office equipment and supplies
- Assist in planning, setup, and execution of off-site events for the arena and or team
- VIP Liason for Meetings and Events
- Arrange travel and expense reimbursements
- Assist in Calendar Management for Executives and for the Conference Room Facilities and availability
- Other duties as assigned
- General meeting note taking
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience as an Executive Assistant, including administration and event planning experience; preference for Entertainment/Sports Industries
- AA or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, open to change and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and ambiguous environment; handle multiple tasks with the ability to re-prioritize and shift priorities quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Highly organized with good coordinating/project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to analyze problems involving many variables
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and Powerpoint
- High level of demonstrated professionalism, integrity and ability to maintain sensitive information and appropriate decorum
- Team player with a positive attitude, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a strong work ethic
- Competitive, self-motivated and creative-thinking skills and a team-first attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
Salary: $25 – $30 PER HOUR
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.