Family Assistant / Personal Driver (FT/PT)
To help us better understand your qualification, feel free to click this link to complete a quick one-way interview to expedite the hiring process! https://hire.li/112ca99
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours/week), Non-Exempt/Hourly. Weekend availability required
(Saturdays and Sundays Required/Available for Special Occasions/On call as needed/40 hours per week total)
- $72,800 - $104,000/year, DOE
- Discretionary Bonus (Up to 20%)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick days
- Paid rest & meal breaks
- Regular reviews & advancement opportunities
Excellence Services LLC is a professional private-owned company that provides luxury service for one HNW family exclusively. We help our client enjoy their life and encourage employee success.
Primary responsibilities will include ensuring the smooth running of the home office; performing administrative and household tasks; performing driving duties; providing the Principals with information support at any time.
Household & Home Office:
- Perform weekly walkthroughs using household checklists to identify action items.
- Schedule and work closely with other staff on various household projects.
- Maintain a household vendor list. Build strong relationships with vendors.
- Coordinate household staff and assist with monthly schedules.
- Identify and oversee various household projects as needed.
- Keep an inventory of personal items for principals, and restock as needed. Manage PAR lists.
- Keep an inventory of all household supplies (light bulbs, batteries, cleaning supplies).
- Maintain and update household manuals.
- Maintain an approved product list for home and personal items, including sourcing information.
- Shop for household items as needed.
- Monthly/weekly purchase order submission, get approval, place orders, and track delivery status.
- Prepare and submit expense reports.
- Secure residence at end of the day when needed – all doors locked, security system armed.
- Light household chores.
- Respond to incoming calls and greet guests.
- Oversee onsite vendors as needed.
- Prepare home for occasional events. Coordinate with vendors for holiday decor (Halloween, Christmas).
- Maintain Principals’ personal Google calendars (separate from professional calendars).
- Schedule personal appointments. Calendar items forwarded by Principals.
- Update and maintain Google Contacts. Ensure information is synced to phones.
- Maintain a filing system for household needs (e.g., car registrations, maintenance contracts, warranties, contractor bids, etc.).
- Email a daily activities report to Principals.
- Purchase gifts, develop and maintain gift tracker, and review and audit receipts.
- Keep track of birthdays and other important dates.
- Occasional wardrobe maintenance, i.e., schedule tailor, cobbler, etc.
- Work with travel concierge and accountant as needed.
- Plan and coordinate the family’s activities and events.
- Assist with personal archival projects.
- Safe and secure transportation of Principal(s).
- Service-oriented and attention to detail.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness: interior and exterior, hand washing on site.
- Maintain vehicle readiness: fuel, tire pressure, service records, etc.
- Prepare and maintain vehicle checklist, pre- / post-use.
- Prepare/maintain Principals' comfort items in the vehicles: water, tissues, umbrellas, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Proven experience working as a personal assistant is required.
- Experience working in the Hospitality industry or a family office is preferred.
- Excellent learning ability and has a passion for exploration, research, and analysis.
- Vault-like ability to maintain confidentiality and be ultra discreet.
- Demonstrate excellent email etiquette, concise and accurate communications.
- Maintain strictest confidences - never disclose Principals’ contact information.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, punctual, and honest. Practical and efficient.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings.
- Must be very technically savvy. Experience with G-suite.
- Resourceful in terms of internet search and online shopping.
- Comfortable with iPhone or Android, including texting, camera phone, and smartphone apps.
- Highly organized, meticulous, detail-oriented, and thorough. Able to multitask and prioritize well.
- Positive attitude, team player, capable of working well with a vast array of high-quality vendors.
- Personable, gracious, and polite, with excellent people skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
- Able to work independently but takes direction well from Principals.
- Able to perform physical, hands-on tasks in order to assist the household and staff office to run well. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Flexible and able to accommodate spontaneous changes to routines and plans.
- Able to travel with Principals to assist.
- Long-term intent.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Able to pass an extensive background check, credit, and reference checks.
- Willing to take a pre-employment physical, psychological exam, and drug screen.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Principal’s First*
Highly Private Clients are the focus, and Principals are the Clients.
- Learn from mistakes*
Brave to face and admit the truth. Learns and grows from mistakes. Makes thoughtful choices and changes to avoid mistakes or at least low-cost mistakes. High-cost or repeated mistakes will lead to disciplinary action.
Finish duties conscientiously, effectively, and promptly.
Be dedicated. Keep improving.
Due diligence. Be accountable.
Think and act independently.
Do not complain or shy away from assigned works. Confronts difficulties bravely. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $72,800.00 - $104,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atherton, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location