Job descriptionServes as senior subject matter expert associated with content processes and procedures related to UPG financial and business applications. This includes all associated business processes, operational and industry requirements, and related application/system functionality across the supported functional area(s). Analyzes user, system, and application needs to determine and evaluate alternative solutions and approaches to meeting those needs and to help select the optimal solution and validate those solutions with the client(s). Provides detailed requirements for product development, evaluates development projects, and guides tailoring of the development process to meet project needs. Provides direct application support where necessary, updating and maintaining system configuration, system set-up, and application tables where appropriate.
At this level, the individual is recognized as an expert in their own area and can solve complex problems independently. The individual can work independently on all but the most complex issues and is a resource for less experienced team members.
- Under general supervision, contributes to the development, installation, maintenance, and modification of UPG financial and business applications in order to meet user/customer needs and Health System requirements.
- Acts as the liaison between the operational or functional user areas and technical staff.
- Often communicates technical solutions to teammates and management, and provides assistance to teammates in an effort to enhance the overall services provided by the team.
- Maintains or develops application and process documentation as necessary.
- Communicates appropriately and professionally at all times.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Licensure: None required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.