Cabildo Staffing seeks Floor Tech to start work ASAP at a local New Orleans University.
The Floor Tech is responsible for stripping, waxing, scrubbing, buffing and shampooing floors with heavy duty equipment. Daily work is floor care and general housekeeping. Reports maintenance related items for repair and practices good safety habits.
Essential Job Functions
- Sweeps, mops, shampoos, vacuums, waxes and buffs floors. Scrubs/strips floors to remove all soil and finish to the base of floor material. Performs regular cleaning functions following established schedules and using prescribed methods. Follows universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed. Utilizes, dilutes, stores, transports and disposes of chemicals according to manufacturer specifications and department procedures.
- Assists in cleaning of emergency spills; Keeps housekeeping storage clean. Moves heavy furniture and equipment. Cleans equipment and reports the need for repairs of equipment, furniture, building and fixtures. Works safely with equipment.
- Removes recycling and trash from buildings. May be asked to perform Environmental Services Tech functions. Assures that appropriate supplies are maintained in a cost effective manner
- Must have Floor Tech / Housekeeping experience (minimum 1 year)
- Must have experience on utility machines, T3,T5, scrubbers and buffers
- Must take a TB test (two part test may take 2-3 days), pass a criminal background check, pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid19.
- Current available shift : Sunday – Thursday 10:30 pm – 7 am.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- floor tech: 1 year (Required)
- Buffing: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location