Job descriptionWage Rate: $16.00/hour Overview: Are you looking for a career with premium benefits and the potential for growth? At Trinity Services Group, we have created something special, a better place to work and grow. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path.
We also offer a $250 bonus for completing our Rookie’s Fast Track Program within the first 60 days!
About This Position: $400 SIGN ON BONUS for New Hires!
This position is located in the Pasco County Jail.
The Food Service Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of inmate labor as well as team members assisting with the food service operation in a correctional facility. This position will also accurately and efficiently prepare and serve a variety of food items in accordance with assigned work instructions and menus as well as utilize a variety of food preparation utensils and machines in preparing food.
Our ideal Food Service Supervisor excels at the following:
- Passionate about food and service
- Has a solid understanding of food handling regulations
- Desire to always learn more
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Dependable and flexible
- Supervise inmate labor and/or team members in the kitchen during food prep and food service shifts in the kitchen.
- Prepare, assist, or instructs inmate labor and/or team members in the preparation of quality foods according to the planned menu, recipes, and work instructions in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all food is stored properly and in sanitary manner.
- Serve food during planned meal schedules and according to department policies and procedures.
- Utilize kitchen utensils/equipment to cook, prepare and serve food according to recipes. Use proper utensils to serve menued portions and as appropriate to meet clients’ nutritional needs.
- Follow all food safety regulations pertaining to sanitation, food handling and storage.
- Train other food service workers.
- Maintain a clean work area/environment that includes cleaning of refrigerators and/or freezers, cooking equipment and serving equipment.
- Follow facility uniform policy.
- Keep up with garbage collection and keep kitchen floors clean from excess food/trash.
- Ensure kitchen is kept clean and that the environment is ready for food prep/serving including sweeping, mopping and dishwashing.
- Proper portions and utensils are being reviewed for service.
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment for other employees/inmates.
- This role includes physical demands such as lifting, bending, pushing, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to stand and be on your feet for much of the scheduled shift.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, and you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass pre-employment (post offer) Company or Facility background check and drug screening and any other screenings required by the Facility.
- Prior institutional food service or restaurant experience is preferred.
- Medical with Prescription coverage, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Benefit Credit to help offset the cost of the benefits you select, $750 for employees with less than 1 year of service and $1,000 with 1 or more years of service
- More benefits can be selected to create the right package for you
Paid Time Off
- Company Match for the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (Immediate vesting)