The Performance Nutrition Dish Washer will be led by the Director of Performance Nutrition and work with the Performance Nutrition Staff collaboratively. The Performance Nutrition Dish Washer is responsible for properly washing and sorting dishes in a timely, efficient, sanitary, and consistent manner. You must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. The Performance Nutrition Dish Washer must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
*All full-time and part-time employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying personal, medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive to work ahead of scheduled time to ensure readiness and preparedness
- Bring a positive attitude to work everyday
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Listen with the intent to understand
- Communicate to be understood
- Embrace change and challenges as a natural progression of life
- Start each day with a “We before Me” mindset (teamwork)
- Stay disciplined and consistent with foundational tasks (the little ones)
- Work at an efficient and consistent pace, ensuring timely preparation of all meals (sense of urgency)
- Support the Performance Nutrition Staff
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Maintains a clean and professional kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed
- Keeps dish are free of clutter and organized
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers
- Changes water of machines and sinks every two hours, or more often as required by business levels
- Assists in the timely storage of food deliveries
- Maintains trash cans throughout the shift, removes boxes as needed
- Maintain dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves
- Follows daily dish cleaning duties
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of your entire workspace and surrounding environments (picking up trash that isn’t yours because you respect your workplace)
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety
- Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Attention to Safety – Driving results while maintaining a safe environment for self and others.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Coachability – Professional improvement from participating in conversations regarding constructive feedback.
- Hospitality-related kitchen experience is preferred
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate business requirements, will require evening and weekend work schedules
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
- This person must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Occasional lifting up to 70 lbs., repetitive arm, hand and finger movements, occasional bending and reaching
- Will be exposed to hot and cold temperatures, such as when working near ovens or retrieving food from freezers
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.