The Grocery Stocker is responsible for keeping the grocery aisles stocked and neatly organized. He will ensure that all merchandise is in the right place and that shoppers can find what they need quickly and easily.
- Stocks and replenishes shelves and display cases
- Rotates merchandise to maintain freshness
- Identifies and pulls outdated merchandise products
- Faces product on shelves for proper appearance
- Builds and dismantles displays or side stacks
- Checks shelf tags and signs for correct prices and missing tags and place products accordingly
- Cleans/maintains work area and understands proper cleaning procedures
- Communicates with customers and co-workers on products and prices
- Stocks/organizes merchandise in cooler
- Unloads, counts and sorts newly received merchandise
- Understands procedures for returning product that is close-dated
- Organizes pallets (of merchandise) in warehouse
- Begins to learn product identification and stock location
- Keeps aware of current ad specials and can communicate these to customer
- Completes other tasks as assigned
Secondary Job Duties:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data encountered in work environment.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Prefer a minimum of High School diploma or GED equivalent, some college would be helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- 18 years of age or older due to equipment use
- Able to work flexible shifts including nights or evenings, holidays or weekends
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Five years or more experience in retail or merchandising environment.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
- Occasionally-Carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling up to 100 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing up to 6 foot height, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, handling, and smelling.
- Frequently- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, bending, and reaching waist/overhead level.
- Continuously-Sitting, manual dexterity, talking, seeing, and hearing.
Safety Risk Factors:
- Occasionally-loud noise, slippery floor surface, hazardous equipment, contact with sharp objects, contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Frequently-Twisting of back and neck, and cluttered floor surface.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside, outside, cold, heat, and wet/humidity.
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- El Paso, TX 79925: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location