Summary: Guest Service Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator and concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor as needed.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests, team members, and community.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Legacy Ventures Service standards as outlined in the Blueprint and other policies/rules of conduct, including personal appearance/grooming, attendance, and safe/efficient operations.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Respond to guests immediately upon entering the lobby, 10-5 Rule should be maintained at all times.
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and room directions to Bellman or guest.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes changes as required for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to ledger.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations, and arranges for tours.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May be required at any time to fill in the job duties of either the reservationist or the PBX operator (review individual job descriptions).
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting guest requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the Front Desk computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Proper uniform, and name tag worn at all times.
- Uses guests name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Ensures that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered within three rings.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist guests when questioned.
- Bucket checks must be performed a minimum of one time per shift.
- When responding to the switchboard, the proper telephone script must be used at all times.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request was made.
- Room directions, along with hotel outlets, along with hours of operation must be explained to all guests.
- Outgoing facsimile messages must be sent within five minutes from the time requested.
- Guests must be notified of incoming fax within five minutes.
- When approached by a guest with a problem, the associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving the problem.
- Interacts with internal and external customers in a positive, professional, and accommodating manner.
- Telephone messages must be communicated to the guest within one minute of receiving the call.
- Courtesy calls must be placed to newly rented rooms to ensure the guest is completely satisfied.
- Associate will understand the financial goals of their department and hotel.
- Associate will understand the role they play in attaining the financial goals of their department and hotel.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work days, evenings, or nights any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment and remain flexible
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have a self-starting personality with an even disposition to effectively communicate with guests and staff.
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills. Computer literacy and financial management a must.
Education and/or Experience: College degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.