Summary of Job Function:
The Human Resources Generalist’s responsibilities will be to provide HR support to GAL Manufacturing. This position will be working under the supervision of the HR Business Partner, this position will support the on-going human resources initiatives to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners as it relates to HR operations and compliance
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, and policy interpretation)
- Assist with designing and overseeing HR operational programs, processes, and policies related to an employee life cycle, including employee onboarding, development, performance management, or engagement
- Executing on the organizations recruiting processes to ensure that we are cultivating the best talent in the market
- Providing exceptional customer service and delivery to diverse workforce
- Attends on-site and off-site recruitment functions to attract talented individuals to our organization
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field and four years of human resource experience; or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Experience within the manufacturing industry; bi-lingual skills are preferred
- Experience supporting the simultaneous recruitment effort in multiple-cross functional areas
- Proficiency with MS Office products is essential, and a working knowledge of HRIS systems; Paycom preferred but not required
- Experience managing and providing support to an internal managerial team/support Human Resources Manager
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn and/or create database tracking systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing office/manufacturing environment
Work Environment & Hazards
This job operates in a general office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Special Physical Demands
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Work Contact Group
Significant contact with all departments within G.A.L. Limited contact with external vendors.