Agency : Department of Human Services
Opening Date/Time: 11/14/2022
Closing Date/Time: 11/30/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $4,738 - $6,964 per month.
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
While not required, a Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), a copy of your transcripts or diploma for any degrees earned and a copy of any applicable professional licenses is recommended and should be uploaded to the Additional Documents section of your application. Please note that the Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) before any offer can be extended.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 10-82-19032
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a Human Resources Representative for the Madden Mental Health Center located in Hines, Illinois to perform a variety of complex, specialized professional human resource activities for the employees of Madden Mental Health Center. Prepares personnel transactions and job descriptions. Coordinates employee benefits and assists new hires and conducts employee orientation. Distributes and tracks employee performance evaluations. Maintains all records and files of current and past employee’s. Maintains facility job posting board. Carries out all job duties under confidential parameters.
Performs a variety of complex, specialized professional human resource activities for the employees of Madden Mental Health Center.
Provides guidance and advice to Hospital Administrator and staff concerning Personnel Rules, Pay Plan issues and classification issues.
Receives incoming job postings and posts them to facility job posting board.
Assists with tracking Leaves of Absence (LOA) and returns.
Serves as backup to the Benefits Coordinator.
Using computer applications, prepares, composes and develops correspondence.
Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill and mental developmental equivalent to completion of four years of college and one year of professional experience, preferably in human resources.
Satisfactory completion of an approved training program.
- Two (2) years of professional experience working with human resources and group insurance programs for a public or private organization.
- Two (2) years of professional personnel experience in a public or private organization maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information with professionalism.
- Two (2) years of experience communicating with both internal and external stakeholders daily ensuring detailed and critical analysis of work performed.
- One (1) year of professional experience maintaining employee records and files of current and past employee’s Personnel and Benefits files folders.
- One (1) year of experience presenting facts clearly both orally and in writing.
- Three (3) years of experience utilizing office equipment, including personal computers, basic computer skills and software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Prefers Professional of Human Resources Certification.
- Requires ability to attend and pass all mandatory training sessions, workshops and conferences.
- Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
- Requires ability to pass the Illinois Department of Human Services background check.
- Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Work Location: 1200 S 1st Ave Hines, IL 60141-7000
Division of Mental Health
Madden Mental Health Center
Job Family: Administration/Management; Social Services
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need all across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
- A Pension Program
- Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
- 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
- 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
- Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
- 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
- 10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
- Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
- Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: