We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Coachella Valley is our duty and driving business is our responsibility.
On January 25, 2020 the AHL granted the 32nd AHL franchise to Oak View Group (OVG). As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, this team continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 22-23 AHL season. In addition to the development of a new state of the art facility (Acrisure Arena) OVG is consecutively building their front office headquarters and training facility adjacent to the Arena, with one NHL regulation rink. This development represents not only further investment in making Coachella Valley the epicenter of Southern California but establishing a new skating presence within the region for the first time.
The Arena is seeking Ice Technician/Zamboni Driver (PT) who will directly assist in preparing and maintaining the ice during hockey season along with daily operation responsibilities. This position is responsible for Driving Zamboni during hockey games maintaining the ice to NHL standards. This position will also help maintain the ice at the Community Ice Plex.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare ice for all practices by removing debris, checking ice depth, scraping, edging and resurfacing ice.
- Work games and other ice events as needed
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of hockey glass, dasher boards, locker rooms and other event related equipment as needed
- Perform pre/post event inspections and document with completed checklists
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on ice operations equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional
- Ensure all equipment and tools necessary to fulfill ice maintenance tasks are always
available and in good working order
- Report to the Ice Plant Manager any equipment deficiencies
- Operate and maintain Zamboni machines, ice edger and all related equipment for the installation and maintenance of a quality sheet of ice
- Install, repair and replace acrylic Hockey glass as necessary
- Install, repair and remove dashers as necessary
- Maintain detailed records of ice thickness, ice temperatures, humidity readings, ambient air readings and dew point readings
- Perform preventative maintenance on all ice related equipment as needed
- Keep ice room and all related areas clean and orderly
- Perform housekeeping and light janitorial duties, responsibilities include keeping area around ice sheet and locker rooms clean and orderly
- Flexibility with work schedule- Nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Other duties assigned including but not limited to assisting other departments as needed.
- High School diploma + 1-3 years of conversion experience, preferred
- Experience driving in tandem during ice cuts as necessary
- Ability to give clear instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Complete knowledge of operations procedures to facilitate changeovers
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical riser system repair, preferred
- Ability to work varied schedules
- Must be self-motivated and work under little supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the most productive and/or appropriate manner
- Excellent safety record and work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the most productive and/or appropriate manner.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Experience operating equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Intermittent Travel (<10% travel): Trips will require some air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 50-75 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.