IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
For more than a century, Goodyear has led the industry in manufacturing innovative tires that deliver the highest level of performance for everything from passenger cars and trucks to airplanes, heavy-duty mining equipment, and racecars. We are devoted to advancing tire technology, applying our innovations to new products that deliver confident mobility for drivers everywhere. If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career path, you will enjoy being a part of the manufacturing team.
As an Industrial Electrician, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all tire-related manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for related safety and housekeeping obligations throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain all electrical components and systems including electronic sensors, motors, drives, PLC systems
- Layout, assemble, install and test electrical fixtures, control equipment and wiring
- Inspect, maintain and repair wiring, motors, switchboards, switches, blown fuses, various indoor/outdoor lighting fixtures and electrical mechanisms at industrial level 110vac – 4160vac
- Install, inspect, clean and lubricate AC and DC motors up to 2500 hp
- Troubleshoot industrial control systems, e.g., hydraulics, temperature control systems with steam or electrical heat source, and chilled water as cooling source
- Perform minor welding such as fabrication and installing brackets and panel mounts
- Fit and connect conduit using various tools necessary to layout, cut, thread and bend as well as cut holes.
- Work with and around live circuits and making hot taps when required
- Maintain power, lights and alarms wiring systems (Facilities Maintenance)
- Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
- Interpret electrical schematics, blueprints, sketches, layouts, circuit diagrams or specifications
- Abide by safe work standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), NFPA 70E (Arc flash)
- Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Must provide basic tools
- Previous experience as an Industrial Manufacturing Electrician with basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices.
- Industrial Electrician Journeyman's card or AAS in Electrical Technology
- Experience working with a variety of PLC and AC/DC drive controls, platforms, including but not limited to, Modicon, Siemens and Rockwell
- Desire and willingness to learn and perform across crafts
- Basic computer skills
- Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards
- Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
- Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done
- Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
- Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
- Commitment to working safely
- Willingness to adhere to tobacco-free policy.