At Insteel, we have one simple mission. Strive to be the nation's supplier of choice for steel wire reinforcing products for concrete construction applications by delivering superior value to our customers. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are the core of our company, and our ability to operate these facilities in a manner that creates optimal ‘uptime’ and efficiency in the manufacturing process is key to our success. If you are an experienced and technically skilled Maintenance Mechanical Technician with experience in a heavy, discrete manufacturing environment, Insteel has an opportunity for you.
We are seeking a motivated Maintenance Mechanical Technician for our Jacksonville, FL location. We need a Technician that is experienced in a multi-craft background that includes mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, troubleshooting, and has worked in a manufacturing environment. One who works well as a team member and meets or exceeds the company’s standards of ‘Safe Operations with Zero Harm’.
Insteel Wire Products, established in 1954, started from humble beginnings, embraces strong values, and has its Home Office in Mt. Airy, NC. We are the nation's largest manufacturer of steel wire reinforcing products for concrete construction applications. We manufacture and market prestressed PC-strand and welded wire reinforcement, including engineered structural mesh, concrete pipe reinforcement and standard welded wire reinforcement for concrete reinforcement applications. The company operates ten manufacturing facilities in eight states.
The person we are looking for is energetic, success driven, and has deep technical expertise. You have exemplary mechanical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills. You are a valuable member of the team and a key player in the success of the business.
You will install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and mechanical systems, apparatus and electrical and mechanical components of industrial machinery and equipment. You work daily to ensure assigned areas of responsibility are working with risk lowered to As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) specifically to achieve “ZERO HARM” so no injuries, illness or negative impact occurs to employees, property, the environment or the community. You will use your technical expertise to ensure the equipment is functioning accordingly to produce within quality specs and with the designed performance.
To perform well in this role, you will need to:
· Practice safe work habits as an individual and with co-workers, and work effectively in a team environment
· Know and understand safety equipment and be aware of machine safety procedures
· Possess an in-depth knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic and controls system
· Conduct equipment inspections for proper operation and mechanical integrity
· Have a working knowledge of electrical safety guidelines and electrical safety related work practices such as Lockout/Tagout and Arc Flash safety regulations
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of safe and proper use of basic electrical diagnostic equipment (volt/ohm meter, etc.), and demonstrate proficiency in basic multimeter functions (i.e. fuses, conductivity)
· Work with electrical processes up to three-phase 480V
· Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits-relays, contactors, motors, starters, AC/DC drives, PLC’s, and machine dedicated HMI programs
· Read blueprints, schematics, installation and arrangement drawings, basic components, electrical diagrams, and symbols and install wire machinery to manufacturer’s specifications
· Remove and installs AC/DC motors, reconnect to load test, and run
· Troubleshoot components and diagnose system failures
· Other mechanical/electrical duties as assigned
Qualifications to be considered for the role:
· Broad Technical training (high school plus 1 to 2 years of apprenticeship/applied trades training). Training requires a basic knowledge in the use of shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, PLC programs, DC drive motors, AC drive motors and various types of precision measuring instruments is strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years electrical processes required. Multi-craft experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and work-related experience may be acceptable.
· Organizational experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) preferred.
· Simply follow the directions on the job board posting to apply, or,
· Apply on-line at the Insteel “Careers” page at www.insteel.com.
For your hard work, you receive:
· Competitive base pay with Team-Share bonus eligibility based on facility performance
· Opportunity for professional growth
· Paid time off including holidays and vacation
· Excellent benefits to include medical, dental, vision, company paid life/short-term disability/long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings account (HSA), 401(k) with match, company paid tele-health, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement assistance, and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
Job Type: Full-time
$19.50 to $26.25 depending on experience plus bi-weekly “Teamshare Production Incentive”.
Insteel Industries is strongly committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.50 - $26.25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jacksonville, FL 32254: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 5 years (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location