Job descriptionJob Details
Milliman IntelliScript is a group of a few hundred experts in fields ranging from actuarial science to information technology to clinical practice. Together, we develop and deploy category-defining, data-driven, software-as-a-service (SaaS) products for a broad spectrum of insurance clients. We’re a business unit within Milliman, Inc., a respected consultancy with offices around the world.
Candidates who have their pick of jobs are drawn to IntelliScript’s entrepreneurial and collaborative culture of innovation, excellence, exceptional customer service, balance, and transparency. Every single person has a voice in our company, and we challenge each other to push the outer limits of our full, diverse potential. And, we’ve shown sustained growth that ensures you’ll have room to grow your skillset, responsibilities, and career.
Our team is smart, down-to-earth, and ready to listen to your best ideas. We reward excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits. Visit our LinkedIn page for a closer look at our company, and learn more about our cultural values here.
What this position entails
The Interoperability Product Manager will educate, navigate and plan across all electronic health information (EHI) initiatives. This role guides engineering and clinical teams to maintain the product roadmap, serve as a subject matter expert to gather client feedback, and determine the paths to achieving product success.
As a product manager focused on healthcare data-related solutions and products, you will have the opportunity to help lead the early market development of new offerings, drive holistic product vision, establish business performance metrics, and align the company around game-changing products from the business case creation to product launch.
What you’ll be doing
- Draw on clinical knowledge to map and organize data across multiple standard terminologies and specialty domains to be used within solutions
- Develop terminology content and programs for rules, registries, analytics or applications within IntelliScript EHI vertical
- Helps prioritize and define data
- Perform advanced data pattern analytics and gap analyses
- Review proprietary codes or industry standard documentation to verify that correct medical terminologies are being utilized
- Troubleshoot and resolve client terminology issues as they arise
- Represent IntelliScript and participate in industry standard workgroup and consortiums including but not limited to HL7, CareQuality, and Commonwell
- Stay abreast of regulatory plans, standards and changes related to clinical data availability and standards in order to understand the regulatory landscape from a strategic direction perspective and a defensive positioning perspective
- Serve as a subject matter expert for educating internal team members and consulting with internal teams about health data usage
What we need
- Minimum three years of experience as a SaaS Product Manager, preferably in EHR or healthcare-related software
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Jira or other relevant software
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to improve outcomes or answer business questions
- Research and analytical skills
- Willing to travel to client sites, industry conferences, etc. (most often day trips, nationwide, up to 15% travel)
What you bring to the table
- Adept at ascertaining client needs, conducting an analysis, and presenting solutions
- Possess the ability to shift communication styles for clinical, technical, or business audiences
- Have a strong eye toward quality and an acumen for peer review as part of the development process
- Capacity to work with and analyze data for extended periods of time
- Constructive, “can do” approach to overcoming obstacles
- Strategic thinking skills
- Delegation and task management skills
- Professional when interacting with clients and colleagues
- Able to work independently and thrive on a growing team
- Adaptable and willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Seeks out input from others, shares insights and opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Degree, diploma and/or certification in related field
- Experience with clinical informatics (e.g. data table structure, storage, relationships, maintenance, etc.) as well as in-depth knowledge of medical claims and electronic health records (ICD-10 codes, data management, research, etc.)
- Progressive experience in product leadership roles
- Experience presenting to C-suite decision-makers
- Published thought leadership articles, past speaking engagements, etc.
This position is open to remote work. Applicants must be willing to travel to the Milliman office in Brookfield, WI and to client sites, industry conferences, etc. (most often day trips, nationwide, up to 15% travel).
The base salary for the position will vary with the candidate’s qualiﬁcations and experience. The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $200,000 depending on relevant factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. In addition, we offer a performance-based bonus plan, proﬁt sharing, and generous beneﬁts.
Milliman Benefits (full time U.S. positions only)
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and meets – the personal and professional needs of the individual and their family. We offer competitive benefits which include the following based on plan eligibility:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A profit sharing and retirement savings plan (401K)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life, AD&D, short term and long-term disability insurance policies
- Flex spending accounts and health savings accounts
- Pre-tax commuter and transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)