Loyal Source Government Services is looking for experienced Chuj, Mam, Q’eqchi, Or Quiche Interpreter for an opportunity in Pecos, TX.
Lodging and meals will be provided throughout the duration of the contract.
The interpreter is responsible for oral and written interpretation non-English speaking children and acts as a cultural liaison between department staff at the Pecos Children's Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work effectively in a team environment; receive support from and provide support to colleagues
- Exhibit the ability to meet performance and management expectations with minimal supervision
- Enhance interpreting skills through continuing education and training
- Maintain, as applicable, compliance with any national, state, or local licensure and/or certification requirement
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment in a variety of settings
- Be prompt and prepared for each interpreting engagement
- Flexible with assignment changes
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to complete additional and other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's, Bachelor's or advanced college degree preferred
- A minimum of one consistent year working as a interpreter for (Chuj, Mam, Q’eqchi, Or Quiche)
- Basic medical Terminology
- 1 Year Working as Interpreter
- Child Life Certification
- CPR Certification
- In-person at Pecos children's center.
OTHER: Operational needs may require occasional evenings or weekend supervision.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
COMMUNICATION: Ability to establish effective relationships with colleagues and partners, local and national. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral and written means. Excellent interpersonal skills, including good communication skills, listening skills, and attitude.
COMPOSURE: Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail. Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
COMPUTER: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google tools.
ORGANIZATION: Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately. Above normal levels of concentration and memory required. Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
TECHNICAL: Ability to develop and comprehend numerical and statistical data analysis. Expertise in process mapping.
Orientation: 5 hours
On the Job: 6 months to one year
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDS:
Multi-line telephone, computer, ten key calculator, printers, copiers, faxes.
- All candidates must be physically able to perform all strenuous duties entailed in this position. Candidates will be able to exert themselves under rigorous environmental conditions., These physical demands are including but not limited to pulling up or repositioning patients, lifting supplies, bending over to perform certain duties.
- This individual must also be able to maneuver throughout small hallways and many stairways either in response to emergencies or to conduct daily responsibilities.
- This candidate will be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath. Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving such as: stooping, bending, lifting, pulling, and twisting. Able to walk long distances up to and including 200ft over uneven dirt grounds.
- Candidates will possess the ability to work irregular hours; and will be flexible to change location within a sector when asked.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employer and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor