Job descriptionOur client, a leading CRO with major operations in North Carolina is in search of an IT Project manager to lead projects involving technical resources for data integration projects. If you have experience managing project teams that are in the CRO or Life Sciences industry, this is the job for you!
Duration- 6 months, likely extension
Location- 100% remote, eastern US time zone location required
Key Skills- Data Integration, SQL, Oracle, Siebel, Oracle SOA, Mulesoft,
Works cross-functionally to deliver IT project solutions within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost. Leads and monitors multiple individual complex IT projects from initiation through delivery. Serves as the liaison between IT and the business line customer to ensure that all targets and deliverables are met.
- Manages allocated projects according to timelines, budget and quality standards.
dependencies are identified and communicated.
- Produces and reviews detailed project plans; assesses Work Breakdown
- Plans and manages budgets associated with technology projects. Evaluates percentage complete, tracks actuals to budget and mitigates overspend, tunes
- Provides detailed information to management to ensure risks/issues are surfaced and mitigated, provides tracking to budget and timeline.
- Manages cross-project interdependencies in order to avoid potential impacts and
- Works under minimal supervision and may assist less experienced peers to
- Reviews data on complex issues, makes good business decisions, and ensures solutions are implemented.
- Ensures all project deliverables meet the customer's time/quality/cost expectations.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to
8+ years’, including experience managing projects through all aspects of a project life cycle and experience in Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, or other QMS frameworks) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Project management certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly skilled level of proficiency in the key principles of cross-functional project management (ex:
- Excellent financial acumen
- Proven track record of project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels
- Critical thinking skills with solid judgment and strong initiative
- Proficiency in leadership/influence and collaboration across multiple and diverse groups
- Strong leadership skills and teamwork abilities
- Ability to delegate and effectively prioritize own and project team members workload
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills
- Seasoned in managing geographically distributed teams
- Familiar with formal change management processes and methods (Prosci or similar approach)
No line management responsibility. Must be able to manage teams by influence.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Equal Employment Opportunity
MATRIX is committed to providing a work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion and respect. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, military and veteran status and/or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. MATRIX is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing [email protected] To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.