The Jr. Car Buyer is responsible for buying inventory units based on the recommendations and inventory model created by the GM, to support and maintain a healthy inventory with less than a 45 day supply.
What You'll Do:
- Price the purchased inventory and create inventory as soon as purchase is completed. Make sure the car is merchandised with the edited auction pictures when at all possible.
- Make sure all photos and units are pushing over correctly to third party vendors
- Coordinate logistics to get unit delivered to our recon center. Negotiate fair transport as well as making sure it arrives in the agreed upon time line.
- Follow the unit trough the recon process by using our recon tool rapid recon. Work with the recon manager as well as the dent wizard manager daily. Approve the needed work in rapid recon to make sure it is up to Hennessy standards and is always safe.
- Maintain inventory levels to prevent aging issues. All non commercial inventory must be less than 90 days and all commercial inventory must be less than 120 days.
- Update prices of inventory every 7 days based on age as well as the market.
- Create relationships and maintain them with auctions as well as fleet affiliations
- Put appraisal figures on all trades with the sales managers at the store. Take their calls and helps assist them with the figure.
- Dispose of wholesale inventory at auction while maintaining an agreed upon average profit on these units. When at all possible, will try to retail as many trade in units as possible.
- All other duties as assigned.
Hennessy is proud to serve our community with a set of core values which guide our daily decisions and actions. They are:
- Accountability – We take ownership of our words, actions, results, and commitments.
- Teamwork – We are better when we work together.
- Kindness – We show compassion and care for others.
- Grit – We have the heart and determination to see it through.
- Integrity – We are trustworthy, honest, and do what’s right.
- Curiosity – We ask questions to seek understanding.
What We Expect:
- 3 Years Minimum Proven track record of successful Used Vehicle Purchasing or used car management.
- 3 Years Experience of Online Auction Purchasing Required
- Be familiar with the auctions and all processes involved in used car purchasing
- Maintain Awareness of models and trims in most volume brands
- Detail-oriented - quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented - cooperative and collaborative
Duties are performed throughout the dealer premises, both indoors and outdoors. Work includes frequent movement around the company facilities and the outdoor car lot to move vehicles. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer & drug-free workplace. Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing background screening (incl. criminal background check, review of consumer & motor vehicle records, verification of SSN & passing drug test at a certified testing facility). Employment is on an at-will basis & subject to termination if dealership rules & regulations are violated.