Vitaquest International is an industry-leading development and commercialization partner for consumer products in nutraceutical and functional foods. With over 40 years of history, Vitaquest has the market insight, global reach and scale of operations to support emerging and existing consumer brands from the idea to the store shelf with flawless execution in every phase. Today, Vitaquest creates and produces more than 4,000 customer formulas for more than 500 brands in over 40 countries.
Vitaquest's employees follow an internal communications plan to encourage productivity and engagement within the organization. This is known as Vitaquest PROUD. We believe that each employee contributes directly to the organization's growth and success. We are looking for individuals who share our innovative spirit and hope will take pride in being a part of our Company.
Title: QC Lab Technician 1
Department: Quality Control
Reports To: QC Lab Manager
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Lab Technician's Position Purpose and Objectives
Performs analytical testing of raw materials, in-process samples, stability, and finished goods within the QC Laboratory.
Lab Technician's Essential Job Functions
- Perform daily testing of incoming samples using several analytical techniques.
- Maintain and record analytical data within prescribed notebooks.
- Compile results and issue completed worksheets for final review.
- Assists in the preparation of laboratory reagents as required for daily operations.
- Assists in the performance of daily laboratory maintenance duties as instructed by the Lab Manager, i.e. lab waste disposal, glassware & pipette washing, LC column cleaning, reagent inventories, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must be Proficient in common PC functions, WORD, EXCEL, etc.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be familiar with and demonstrate good basic laboratory skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in basic laboratory reagent preparation, labeling, and handling.
- Must demonstrate Good Laboratory Practice in completing daily work assignments.
- Competent in performing basic mathematical and scientific calculations as they relate to job function.
- A dynamic and fast paced technical environment.
- BS or AS Degree in physical science or related education experience.
- Zero - Two years previous laboratory experience.
- Self motivated team player.
- Well organized.
- Detail oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- Laboratory Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microbiology Testing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location