We are looking for a candidate whose thought process align with our core values, which are Respect, Integrity, Empowerment, Customer Service, Innovation and Teamwork.
The ideal candidate, will work each day with dedication and passion along with rest of the team members and work towards achieving our Vision, which is to be the most trusted, respected and innovative company in the rental housing industry
Radcliffe Place Senior Living is an affordable housing community with life enrichment services meant to enhance retirement living. Our community is committed to ensuring that our residents continue to live the life that they define through quality service in a beautiful and warm environment. Our mission is to guarantee that there are numerous opportunities for residents to engage in all aspects of a well-rounded life.
Our residents are busy on the road to concerts, movies, and festivals in addition to shopping and dining. When not pursuing personal interests, they are engaged with other residents in crafts, games, happy hours, book clubs, and travelogues. It's an active day every day.
Our Marketing Director creates a positive, customer service-oriented team environment and ensures resident satisfaction and joy. We are looking for a high-energy, creative, adaptable fun sales leader with a positive attitude and great communication skills to lease homes with services packages to low-income seniors who need or desire independent living with some life support.
Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Empowerment, Customer Service, innovation, and teamwork
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets occupancy goals as defined by the operating budget and management plan through an effective relationship sales program and keeping informed of market conditions, competitive pricing, and current pricing strategies for the community.
- Creates and makes recommendations for marketing to reach qualified applicants
- Creates, implements, and promotes resident and business referral programs within company guidelines.
- Supports the marketing functions of the property by recording accurate data on prospects and new residents.
- Assists in the total leasing efforts and integrated marketing programs of the community by participating in the presentation and monitoring of market-ready products.
- Monitors quality of the on-site marketing program, including completeness of advertisements, comparison shopping, and general awareness of the property in relation to the market.
- Identifies and physically shops all competitions once per quarter, direct monthly comparison shopping, and uses the information to update the marketing binder. Updates the market survey on a regular basis, ensuring a thorough knowledge of the market.
- Coordinates with Dining and Activities for integrated programming
- Plans and participates in community events for marketing and resident satisfaction including open houses, parties, and other community functions.
- Has excellent computer skills to manage the monthly calendar and newsletter, create fliers, and promotional materials
- Meets established company standards related to closing ratio on qualified walk-in traffic and phone to traffic ratio on qualified sales calls.
- Show apartments to prospective residents and showcase the advantages or our property.
- Promptly responds to all telephone traffic and accurately enters all traffic information and rental results on the community software system on a daily basis. Follows up with all prospective renters.
- Meets established company standards related to phone and property shopping reports.
- Secure applications with closing skills and a persuasive sales pitch and guide applicants through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing the results with applicants.
- Trains and mentors marketing team, including but not limited to: current renting policies and procedures; rental documentation; emergency procedures; apartment functions; current sales and LE program; and site-specific rental programs (corporate housing, subsidized housing, Bond qualifications, Section 8 information, etc.).
- Qualifies potential residents, verifies applications, performs credit investigations as required, and creates all documentation associated with the rental agreement in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares leases/rental agreements and all accompanying documentation and secures the Community Director’s approval.
- Provides resident orientation and education at signing and move-in. Acquaints new residents and staff with leasing documentation, community rules, emergency procedures, and policies that affect the residents.
- Checks the tour route, models, and newly delivered market-ready product on a daily basis, notes any deficiencies in the market-ready product, and notifies the designated person for action and follow-up to ensure 100% compliance with company policies regarding the presentation of the product.
- Presents a professional appearance to everyone entering the office, including prospects, residents, and vendors.
- Collaborates with other on-site personnel in preparation of community newsletter and participates in preparations for and attendance at community resident functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), some college preferred; and one to two years direct experience or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience indirect supervision of a staff of two or more—one to three years of sales and marketing experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of legal issues which affect community operations, specifically all steps required in the eviction process, bankruptcy, abandonment, storage, and Fair Housing. Knowledge of any local ordinances which affect community operations, including rent control documents and security deposit issues. Knowledge of company policies and procedures, particularly as they relate to Fair Housing, discrimination, and occupancy standards. In-depth knowledge of the rental agreement and cognizance of any legal issues about which they may be questioned, i.e. three-day notices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Yardi, MRI, word processing software; spreadsheet software; accounting software; Internet software, and contact management systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
Real Estate Salesperson license preferred. Section 42 LIHTC experience preferred. Yardi or multi-family software experience preferred.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leasing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location