Job descriptionResponsibilities: As a RISE Engineering Loan Administrator, your responsibilities will include processing and authorizing incoming applications, calculating rebate amounts, entering related data into various systems, and maintaining the integrity of the program by being the main point of contact for the financing program to our customers, clients, and contractors. This role will require a full understanding of the program and its offerings, including current rebates and incentives.
- Receive and process loan applications for residential heating upgrades and weatherization projects
- Answer emails and phone calls from customers, contractors, and lenders
- Prepare quality control checks on installed equipment
- Receive and process participating lender invoices
- Prepare any loan processing fees to bill to appropriate programs
- Run and compile various weekly and monthly metrics for internal and external reporting
- Any additional duties as assigned by management
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- At least two years’ experience in a customer-facing role in a high-volume office environment.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for energy efficiency.
- Strong writing, verbal and organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail and able to learn and understand technical terms.
- Able to prioritize and process multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to tactfully avoid conflict, build trust and work as part of team.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to pass criminal background and drug screening tests.
- Call center or other high-volume customer support/service experience.
- Experience in the home energy, construction, HVAC, hotel guest service, legal or banking industries.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts cities and towns.
- Associate’s degree
Travel: No Travel is required for this position
Compensation & Benefits:
Work Environment: This position requires the employee to work inside
Compensation & Benefits:
- Health care benefits through United HealthCare
- Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employer-matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Employer-paid life and AD&D insurance; access to short and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
At RISE, our customers come from all walks of life - and so do our employees! We hire amazing people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We can confidently state that we are successful as a direct result of our diversity. From day one and throughout your career with us, you’ll find a workplace culture with expansive personal & professional development opportunities, cutting edge technology, a place where relationships are valued, and work/life balance is always a priority.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our workplace and in our communities. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
The RISE Group is an employee-owned company and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.