If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
***2ND SHIFT MONDAY - FRIDAY 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM***
The Machine Operator I operates machines to produce a full range of clamps per product specifications under supervision. The Machine Operator I seeks to maintain execution to targeted goals based off machine capability. In addition, they perform quality inspections and assist in manual and machine-assisted packaging in order to add value to BAND-IT’s customers.
REPORTING TO: Production Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all company EH&S policies and procedures
- Ability to find, read and understand all applicable written (English) instructions, including work orders, Lot Control, and Bills of Material (BOM)
- Ability to use standard and custom inspection equipment to perform quality inspections as required
- Achieves compliance with quality documentation through our statistical process control software, Synergy, in accordance with specified frequency
- Ability to consistently achieve machine output (pitch) at 75% or higher of production targets
- Ability to become a certified operator within 6 months of hire date
- Understanding of basic Lock-Out Tag-Out Verification (LOTOV) operations and how they are affected
- Operates the fundamental machine-based clamp production processes, and packages and palletizes finished product
- Recognizes when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the next level via Help Chain, Root Cause Countermeasure (RCCM)
- Understands how to locate and follow standard Work Instructions (WIs)
- Exhibits behavior in alignment with BAND-IT-IDEX Core Values of Trust, Team, and Excellence
- Clearly communicates important safety, quality, and delivery information in shift handoff meetings (Gemba Meetings)
- Maintains paperwork as required
- Participates in the continuous improvement process by attending meetings and presenting problems and possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical background and/or aptitude.
- Basic Math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to read job specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior machine operator experience, and /or mechanical aptitude
The physical demands, work environment and mental/visual demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires use of hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools or controls 90% of the time
- 90-100% of the time is spent standing or walking
- Approximately 30% of the time is spent bending
- Ability to listen to the sound of a machine at all times to help identify operating problems
- Lifting requirements range from less than 10 lbs. up to 200 lbs. Manual lifting could reach to company maximum of 35 lbs. Material handling equipment is available for heavy lifting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving, mechanical parts approximately 90% of the time
- Noise exposure is moderate
- Clear vision and the ability to adjust focus are required to monitor production operation and for safety
- Requires constant alertness to machine operation
- Peripheral vision is required to monitor production operations and for safety purposes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Safety: The individual actively promotes and personally observes all safety procedures. The individual complies with Environmental, Safety, and Hazardous Communications requirements
- Problem Solving: The individual participates in the continuous improvement process by attending meetings and presenting problems and possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- Interpersonal Skills: The individual remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Relationships with Others: The individual works effectively and relates well with others, including superiors and colleagues. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Operational Excellence: The individual is dedicated to providing organization systems for measuring work. The individual seeks to reduce variances in organizational processes.
- Communication and Contact: The individual communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside the Company.
- Quality Control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. The individual delivers the highest quality products which meet the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. The individual completes all duties as assigned, trains as required, and rotates into other departments as required.
BAND-IT, a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
- The estimated compensation for this position is $20.75 - 24.40 per hour
- This position may be eligible for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus
- This position may be eligible for a business unit bonus annually
- This position is also eligible for our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings, which include Health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, at least 80 hours of vacation, along with holiday, sick and personal time off. Please visit our career page at
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).