Established in 1989, Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. is a law firm that limits its practice to the collection of unpaid real estate taxes and municipal utility fees. PLA now represents more than 200 municipal clients throughout Pennsylvania, with offices in King of Prussia, Allentown and Aliquippa.
PLA is looking for candidates that are driven by a personal need to excel and who possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of the PLA family, employees will join a motivated team that seeks to represent its municipal clients with distinction. For some positions, PLA offers a flexible work environment, with the ability to work from home and at hours that are convenient for the employee. PLA currently has employees working in remote locations throughout Pennsylvania. Other positions are hybrid positions and will require specific hours to be spent in our Allentown or King of Prussia office location (which is close to Routes 76 and 202 and accessible by public transportation). Because of the friendly work environment, many of PLA’s employees have been with the firm for over 10 years and have worked their way into leadership positions.
PLA offers competitive employment packages that include benefits.
Job Overview and Requirements
As a Mailroom Clerk, you will have the opportunity to work and interact with team members at all levels of our firm. You will help ensure a productive work environment through managing the proper distribution and processing of incoming mail, collating and mailing pleadings to various courthouses and operating standard mailroom equipment.
The ideal candidate is someone looking to start a career working for a law firm who possesses a strong attention to detail, works with a sense of urgency, is flexible and capable to effectively collaborate and work in a team environment.
Our office is currently open during normal business hours and practicing the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC. Our Mailroom Clerk is required to work onsite.
- Sort, open, scan and distribute high-volume of incoming mail.
- Copy, package and mail pleadings to various courthouses.
- Print and mail correspondence including certified, international and first class mail.
- Pickup/drop off mail to/from local and/or regional post office(s), as needed
- Data entry
- Assist the team in daily and weekly errands and participate in maintaining the cleanliness of the office, stocking office and kitchen supplies and making trips to the bank, post office, supermarket, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- One-three years of related office experience preferred
- Valid PA driver’s license required and successful completion of employment background check, including credit reference checks
- Ability to work additional hours, including overtime on occasion
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities, remain flexible, complete projects on time
- Ability to work and relate with people at all levels, in and out of organization
- A willingness to learn new things and the demonstrated ability to implement/execute new skills quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn and navigate internal software programs
- Dependable with strong work ethic and personal integrity
Compensation and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (Full-time employees)
- Dental and Vision Coverage (Full-time employees)
- 401(k) Retirement Investment Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Holidays (Full-time employees)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Portable Colonial Supplemental Insurance Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Fitness Facility
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands and arms to operate general office equipment (PC, telephone, file cabinets, copier, postage meter, fax machine, and printer). The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.