Job descriptionCOMPANY Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 35+ year track record across several market cycles they have steadily built up a portfolio of over 15 million square feet of industrial and office properties and 5,000 multifamily units located nationally.
The Maintenance Engineer will be based in our ATLANTA REGIONAL office. This position will be responsible for maintaining the appearance and safety of assigned properties and equipment as well as maintaining communication with tenants, vendors, property management and municipal employees.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
Technical skills in following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry and engine repair is preferred.
- Recommend improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis.
- Maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts and access with outside contractors, utilities, and municipal inspectors.
- Check fire alarm panel for trouble signals and report anomalies to the management office.
- Inspect vacant units and mechanical/riser rooms, if any, for condition; perform janitorial services, as needed, to maintain a presentable and safe environment.
- Meet with tenants to see if there are any issues that Westmount may address, and report to the management office.
- Inspect exterior grounds and building for condition; pick up trash, as needed, and report to management office any unusual conditions or damage.
- Inspect roof for blocked drains and clear as necessary. Report problems to the management office.
- Inspect key boxes for proper operation and the availability of a key.
- Check exterior lighting for proper operation. Burned out lamps should be replaced if within reach or reported to the management office. Check timer clocks, if any, controlling exterior lighting and adjust as seasons change.
- Review site plans and locations of critical services for accuracy.
- Respond to all emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns quickly.
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Assist in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Submit monthly property inspection forms for each building to Property Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or four to six years of related experience and/or training.
- Universal for CFC’s, valid driver’s license, appropriate license/permit for trade as may also be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician or City Licenses.
- Knowledge of basic construction methods.
- Ability to respond quickly to, and communicate effectively with Senior staff, co-workers, tenants, and vendors.
- Ability to write reports using distinctive style.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Must be able to use a PC for reviewing e-mail and accessing the Internet to order materials and track work orders.