Job descriptionCompany Description
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high-performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
This is an intermediate position where the employee works under general supervision to perform a variety of maintenance duties. Performs all aspects of at least one of the major maintenance trades described below, including other responsibilities. Typical duties may include, but would not be limited to those listed below.
1. Install, maintain, and repair generators, transformers, switchboards, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, air conditioning units, conduit systems and other transmission equipment.
2. Locate and diagnose problems in electrical systems and equipment.
3. Calculate load requirements of wiring or electrical systems and equipment.
4. Install, maintain and troubleshoot electrical controls.
1. Install, maintain, and repair water, steam, gas, or other types of plumbing and piping systems.
2. Locate fixtures, equipment, and pipes from drawings and other specifications.
3. Operate various cutting and threading machines.
4. Select and install appropriate valves and regulators.
5. Calculate standard shop computations relating to pressures, flow, and size of pipe, and verify that specifications are met.
1. Clean, repair, troubleshoot, set up, and operate HVAC equipment.
2. Interpret readings from gauges, meters, and recording devices.
3. Make adjustments to assure effective and efficient unit operation while controlling temperature, humidity, volume, and velocity of air and system balancing.
4. Overhaul complete HVAC systems when required.
1. Set up and operate machine shop equipment.
2. Fabricate replacement parts to close tolerances.
3. Calculate standard computations relating to dimensions of work tooling, feeds, and speeds of machining.
4. Wire and troubleshoot standard machine controls from schematics.
5. Repair and maintain production and mechanical equipment.
1. Check, adjust, and lubricate operating machines.
2. Prepare surface and paint walls, ceilings, etc.
3. Construct or repair simple wood structures such as floors, work benches, skids, crates, etc.
4. Utilize a wide variety of electrical testing and measuring instruments and/or a wide variety of tools such as welders, cutting torches, drill presses, and other power tools.
5. Assist in snow removal when required.
1. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requires the ability to apply knowledge normally gained through 3 to 5 years experience in at least one of the maintenance trades in addition to 2 years of post high school vocational training or equivalent. Additional requirements for the specific trades are:
Must be familiar with the provisions of the National Electrical Code and capable of meeting those requirements.
Must be familiar with local and state plumbing codes and able to comply with standards.
Experience with the uses of refrigerant gases and repairs of HVAC systems and controls.
Knowledgeable of the working properties and selection of common metals, and the fitting and assembly of parts into mechanical equipment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.