Job descriptionContributes to the overall success of the Enterprise Risk Management Unit of Oriental Bank ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted by the Unit are in compliance with governing laws/regulations, internal policies, and procedures. Position will be working hybrid and is based in Oriental Center, Hato Rey MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement policies, guidelines and related methodologies and procedures of certain operational risks and ensure alignment with local regulatory or supervisory expectations. Provide second line of defense oversight for such operational risks. (i.e., model risk, business continuity management, etc.)
- Maintain an understanding of evolving regulatory requirements and best practices for applicable Operational Risks.
- Conduct independent analysis and challenge the outcome of Risk Management tools, Risk Assessments, Key Risk/Performance Indicators (KRIs) results, Losses, etc.
- Continue enhancing Risk Management Tools.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool.
- Prepare Risk Management Reports for the Executive Risk and Compliance Team and the Board Risk and Compliance Committee as required or deemed necessary.
- Analyze issues raised through assessments, including those performed by Internal Audit, Compliance, and Regulators, and challenge/ensure proper action plans are in place to mitigate risks.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with our regulators.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Prepares memos, minutes, business cases, presentations, gap analyses, and other formal reports for management.
- Conducting due diligence and other research to assess and challenge key risks raised by business units.
- Play an active role in the department’s quality assurance process.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen internal client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Maintain relationships with the business units and applicable corporate support areas to remain current on new developments and emerging risks within the Bank.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) required. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Internal Controls, Audit, and/or Risk Management in the banking industry.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory / leadership experience required.
- Minimum education and experience required can be substituted with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Excellent management skills and leadership abilities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to deal with senior levels of management.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative working style, strong interpersonal capabilities and relationship building; proven ability to manage diverse stakeholder relationships, and to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to work well under pressure and constantly adjust priorities for self and the team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and Spanish.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Best Buy Goodyear, AZ 85395 Today