We are searching for a Manager of FP&A to bring fresh perspective and seasoned expertise to our complex and growing organization. This position serves as an analytical and operational expert, providing focused modeling and analysis to support strategic decisions based on competitive analysis, operations improvement, and shareholder value creation. The position also will be responsible for other Financial Planning & Analysis activities, strategic planning, and deep dive analytical exercises including commercial spend and Supply Chain Finance.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Lead and participate in special projects and initiatives to improve and enhance current financial and operational performance.
- Drive analysis and deliver insights for various supply chain, marketing, operational, and customer specific objectives and projects.
- Proactively drive ideas for data and operational analysis and metrics, cost savings and other efficiencies by presenting analysis to management and actively collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Work with various business partners across the organization to help support business development opportunities and analysis.
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners across Central, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities across organic and inorganic initiatives.
- Provide Senior Management with focused financial models and analysis which support decision making.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Education Requirement and Years of Experience:
- BA/BS, CPA or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in accounting, Corporate Finance, supply chain finance, or a comparable position is required. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Technical Skills/Experience Required:
- Strong operational and commercial finance knowledge, with expertise and understanding of financial statements, financial models, ROI calculations, and implications of strategic decisions.
- Demonstrates insightful use of financial and business performance metrics, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to Corporate and business unit partners and to help drive business results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with various levels of management including C-Suite and Board Members
- Excellent time management skills for coordination of multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Significant using Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Other Critical Success Factors:
- Strong analytical skills, experience performing financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses, and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Collaborator, ability to work cross functionally and with all levels in the organization
- Commitment to process improvements and the ability to think “out of the box” i.e. creative approach to problem solving
- Strong problem-solving abilities, including an initiative-taking approach to completing projects
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to focus on detail without losing sight of the larger business perspective
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change/learn quickly
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Office environment
- Up to 20% domestic travel
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.