Apply Now Opens in a new window Back
Job ID: R65941-EN
Posted: January 18, 2023
Supply Chain, Quality & Logistics
The Manager, Quality – Frontgate ensures the highest customer experience by establishing standards and protocols for product quality, product testing, packaging, and vendor compliance with our global vendor partners.
You are located in West Chester, Ohio
Who We Are
Since 1991, omni-channel retailer Frontgate has inspired its customers to enhance everyday living throughout the entire home with an assortment of stylish, high-quality and purposeful outdoor, interior, entertaining, and seasonal and holiday décor items. Frontgate is part of the Cornerstone brands – four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands that deliver inspirations that help customers enjoy, enhance and celebrate life.
- Ensure all items, both direct and indirect sourced are safe and compliant while maintaining easily accessible test records. Increase quality, standards, and margin. Decrease returns and destroys while maintaining business shipping. Foster vendor and agent partnership through communication, transparency, and accuracy. Create an environment and team that others rely on to problem solve through heightened for quick and positive resolutions to all issues. Lead Quality team through teaching, training, and maintaining construction standards consistent with brand value equation.
- You will report to the Senior Director of Sourcing.
- Manage all needed product reviews, testing, packaging, and possible repacks to meet important timelines and improve customer order fulfillment.
- Ensure all items, both direct and indirect sourced, are safe and compliant while maintaining and easily accessible test records
- Import/regulations compliance – classify items in development, maintain required item records, ensure import and US regulations followed for each item
- Vendor chargebacks – agreement on Sr. Director for final approval
- Partner with important CBI, Vendor and cross-functional team members for insight into the packaging, transportation, and quality
- Review inline products for quality and packaging improvements. Implement Corrective Action Plans (CAPs)
- Negotiate the best costing with 3rd party testing partners
- Ensure accurate Assembly Instruction guidelines and manuals which are to be available online
Project Management & Planning
- Identify opportunities to improve overall product and team efficiency
- Manage high functioning team with concurrent cycles in prioritizing competing projects and deadlines
- Manage timelines to meet all important corporate calendar milestones
- Review data for weekly reporting
Agent and Vendor Management
- Train and maintain established culture and expectations with each agent/vendor to achieve Frontgate standards
- Proficiently manage vendors and agents for performance improvement
- Communicate standards and protocols to Agents, Vendors, Sourcing, and Merchant Teams and ensure factories are following those practices.
- Build partnerships with internal and external teams, remove obstacles, and work across teams to ensure projects meet established deadlines
Process Definition and Implementation
- Ensure import compliance and documentation for importing goods and oversee the execution of QA guidelines and procedures
- Implement Corrective Action Plans. Define AQL and process for remedy in cases of failure.
- Keep updated on all regulatory compliance needs and execution
- Keep Call Center updated on products, policies, and resources needed by the Brand
- Make sure all customer escalations and legal issues are managed properly
- Analyze all avenues of customer feedback for product and process improvement opportunities to include returns data, NPS, BV Reviews, Customer Feedback Surveys, Stores' Feedback, and Escalations
- Help execute special projects, strategic projects, and the use of 3rd parties
Product Quality Management
- Partner with CBI & Vendors to ensure new items are profiled and packaged in the safest and most cost-efficient manner
- Partner with the Transportation/Home Delivery team on strategy, and ship method options and solicit feedback on packaging, hardware, and instructions
What You Bring
- Experience with a high volume of projects and project management
- Outlook and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) – proficiency required
Minimum Education: College Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 years in a Quality Assurance and Compliance role experience across all home décor categories (furniture, decorative accessories, soft goods) working with import and domestic vendor partners.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.
#LI-HybridApply Now Opens in a new window Back
Share with your networkInspired Design for Life Well Lived
Qurate Retail Group is a family of seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. We’re an inspired and diverse team that comes together to combine shopping and entertainment to curate products, experiences, conversations and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. It’s a fun, fast-paced world, and what really sets us apart is our culture and talent experience.
When you’re part of Qurate Retail Group, you’ll be working for one or with many of our consumer brands and joining a global team (U.S., UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, Poland & China), committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, where you can be authentic, bring fun and energy to your workday, and make an impact. Join us as we embrace the future, drive progress, and work together to enrich life’s everyday moments – it’s our path forward!