Machine Specialties, Inc. (MSI) is a leading contract machining and metal finishing company that
designs and manufactures sophisticated, cost-effective solutions to meet our clients’ most demanding
challenges. Our company is in Whitsett, NC, just outside of Greensboro, NC.
As a key member of the Manufacturing and Quality team, this position reports to the Director of
Quality and will be responsible for supporting all stages of manufacturing, including Machining,
Assembly, Plating, Painting, Special processing, and Non-Destructive Testing. This position will
require an individual with the ability to apply their expertise in Lean Manufacturing while leading
multifaceted improvement and development projects.
The success of this individual will be measured by their ability to significantly increase the quality of
the organization while reducing the overall scrap percentage in both internal and external operations.
Disciplined program implementation and project management skills are critical components to the
overall success of these projects.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for cost reductions and process improvements,
- Recommend, cost justify and source capital equipment investments. Design and prepare
improvement of safety.
- Analyze and design layout of workflow, space requirements, equipment and workspace for
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for existing manufacturing operations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience. Aerospace Manufacturing is preferred.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean Manufacturing and TOC (Theory of Constraints)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly articulate complex engineering activities to numerous audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of the root cause analysis, including tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in applying,
please submit an updated copy of your resume to the email address below.
Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans/Disabilities