Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION THIS IS A VOLUNTEER POSITION ON ONE OF OUR CITY ADVISORY BODIES.
This is a VOLUNTEER position: Recruitment is currently open for the ASI endorsed Cal Poly student representative. This position must provide an endorsement letter from the ASI to be appointed. Your endorsement letter can be added to your application.
The Mass Transportation Committee (MTC) advises City staff and the City Council on all matters related to public transportation in San Luis Obispo (buses, trolley, and taxi).
Meetings are the second Wednesday of every other month at 2:30 p.m. in the Council Hearing Room, City Hall, 990 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo, California.
More details:https://www.slocity.org/government/advisory-bodies/agendas-and-minutes/mass-transportation-committee TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS The Committee has seven voting members, consisting of the following:
- One Cal Poly employee designated by Cal Poly
- One Cal Poly student representative designated by Associated Students, Inc. (ASI);
- One person 62 years of age or older;
- One person from the business community;
- One person with technical transportation planning experience;
- One person with a disability;
- One member-at-large.
The Cal Poly and technical planning representatives are exempt from the residency requirements.
All other members must be residents and registered voters of the City.
This is a temporary position, with no benefits.