- The material handler works within the transportation team in support our customer through efficient packaging and shipment of materials and finished goods ensuring our products arrive on time and in good condition.
- Further, the shipping material handler will work with our carrier partners to schedule outbound deliveries according to specified service levels while monitoring shipment costs.
- Additionally, the shipping material handler will cross train in other transportation areas to provide support for PTO and business needs.
- This position is critical to supporting the teams that build our amazing products in the Molecular Spectroscopy Division
What will you do?
- Ensure proper packaging of finished goods through use of SOP’s.
- Schedule shipments according to cost and service level.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of process and safety improvements.
- Support the transportation team by cross training in other roles, including parts and receiving.
- Support the Transportation Supervisor with special projects.
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year material handling experience in a scientific or manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to spend most of the day on your feet moving materials.
- Ability to reach, squat, push, pull, and lift objects of up to 50 lbs.
- Strong time allocation skills and understanding of how to prioritize tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Job Types: Contract, Full-time
Pay: Up to $21.00 per hour
Work Location: One location