Join our exciting opportunities at Ginger Cove!
Ginger Cove is Annapolis’ premier life care retirement community. As a Capital Choice 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 winner, rated as “Best Retirement Community”, we continuously strive for the best by hiring the best!
Ginger Cove is currently seeking a Full-Time Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA)/ Medication Technician (Full-time - 2:45pm- 11:15pm plus every other weekend) to support our Independent Living and Apartment Support Department. The Assistance in Living (AIL) GNA/CMT is responsible for working in accordance with established policies and procedures, and/or special instruction from the Director of Health Services or Charge Nurse. Operates under the guidance of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse to assist in the provision of care by promoting a therapeutic, safe environment.
Essential Functions: *
- Assist with basic needs of resident such as bathing, dressing, undressing, light meal preparation or ordering.
- Monitor residents’ vital signs.
- Assist with transportation activities.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe environment for medically ill residents.
- Assist with adaptive devices.
- Assist with medical emergencies under the direction of Apartment Support Nurse or Health Center Nurse.
- Shop at Convenience Store for residents confined to apartment.
- Supervise medication, with reminds using Medication Box system.
- Supervise confused or medically frail residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Being part of the Ginger Cove community offers you not only a job but the opportunity to be part of a winning team with many benefits:
- Scholarship Program
- Annual Bonus opportunity
- Referral Bonus Program
- Use of on-site gym and facilities
- Employee Wellness Program
Job Qualifications: *
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a Med Tech required.
- Current certification as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant in the state of Maryland.
- CPR/ First Aid certification or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- At least one years’ knowledge and experience working as a GNA with senior communities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, family members, doctors, and co-workers.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Must have completed or be willing to complete educational requirements imposed by State regulations within the specified timeframe.
- Must present self in a professional manner, display genuine concern for elderly, and tact in dealing with others.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination required.
Ginger Cove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Ginger Cove will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
Job Type: Full-time