Harrisburg Area YMCA -East Shore & Camp Curtin Branch is a well-established, highly respected, growing, and diverse organization serving all members of the Greater Harrisburg area. Our mission is to provide services to aid in the spiritual, mental and physical development of each person enabling them to be beneficial and contributing members of our society. We are a forward-thinking organization dedicated to helping people achieve their full potential while honoring choice, responsibility, diversity, and through every stage of life.
Provide excellent customer service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. Greet and assist all members, potential members and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner. Be enthusiastic towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their YMCA experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Greet all members and guests with a smile and wish them well as they enter and exit the YMCA
· Answer the telephone, provide requested information, direct calls and take accurate messages.
· Assist existing and prospective members regarding their individual membership needs.
Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells memberships.
· Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
· Respond to members' needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary. Handle complaints in a courteous manner. Effectively negotiate and resolve customer service problems.
· Use appropriate forms to communicate concerns or praise. Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
· Process new member ID cards, issue guest passes, and register members for programs and services, as needed.
· Register for membership and/or programs, by inputting data in the computer, collecting the proper payment and verifying the accuracy of information on YMCA forms.
· Replenishes brochures and program flyers in front desk area.
· Knowledgeable about current programs, rates, and special events.
· Assist administrative staff and program assistant with mailings and other duties as assigned.
· Maintain front desk calendar.
· Control access to the facility. Check-in members entering the building by scanning membership cards and obtaining proper identification of guests.
· Enter all transactions accurately and completely into the computer system. Balance all end of shifts and report any discrepancies to supervisor.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Follow all policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook. Attend any employee meetings. Complete job required trainings in a time manner.
· Other Duties as assigned.
Training, Skills, Knowledge, and or/Experience:
· Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Previous customer service, sales or related experience. Previous computer knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harrisburg, PA 17110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location