Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Mental Health Tech opening with HCA Florida Largo West Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida Largo West Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Mental Health Tech for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As our Mental Health Technician, you will perform basic patient care services related behavioral health under the supervision of the nurse (RN). You will also assist the patient care team with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment, crisis intervention, and activities of daily living. We are a family like team caring for each other as we care for our patients!
Delegated tasks may include:
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts.
- You will establish effective rapport with patients.
- You observe, monitor and provide protection to ensure patient safety; this includes escorting patients and may even include restraining patients if needed.
- You will perform bedside glucose testing and collection of samples for lab as needed.
- You will assist the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and discharge preparations as instructed.
- You will provide a positive role model for developing socialization skills.
- You will coordinate and participate in group activities and encourage appropriate patient interaction.
- Certified Behavioral Health Technician preferred, PCT training within 6 months of hire
- High school or GED preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association, CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
- Lifting 100 Lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 Lbs.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Other-Fingerprint Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 425 bed teaching hospital. We are located in Largo, FL and offer a coastal lifestyle. We have served the community since 1978. Our hospital offers a broad range of medical services. We have expanded our services in medicine and technology for our growing community needs. We have received the gold seal from the Joint Commission. Our heart and stroke care has received quality accolades from the American Heart Association. We are a leader in providing equality in healthcare. We are more than a provider of medical excellence and take our mission statement seriously. We hope you’ll consider our careers at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Mental Health Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.