Job descriptionRep Mobile Examiner - Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Rotational Saturday) Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In-Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important – it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager or Field Leader, Mobile Examiner's primary responsibility is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that mobile exams are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for applicants, clients, and employees, and perform with confidence all aspects of an insurance exam, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures. May also be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and resource person for new employees who have completed the required phlebotomy training program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures all specimens are collected accurately and on time.
- Collects specimens according to established procedures.
- Conducts in-center exams and mobile exams, which include taking basic vitals, medical histories, venipuncture, urine collection, and EKG. Also collects specimens for pre-employment drug screenings and other Quest Diagnostics services
- Responsible for completing application packets and other paperwork accurately.
- Label, centrifuge and split specimens as required by test order.
- Package specimens for transport.
Responsible for the safe and timely transporting of specimens, supplies, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
- Responsible for operating a company vehicle safely between the collection site and testing site
- Maintains records of each specimen collected each day.
- Provides customer service to clients.
Maintains required records and paperwork:
- Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
- Maintains all appropriate Phlebotomy logs.
- Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Submits data on time monthly.
- Submits accurate time and travel logs as directed by management and on time.
- Submits accurate expense forms, if applicable, on a required day.
Demonstrates organizational commitment:
- Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
- Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
- Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement
- Communicates appropriately with customers, agents, applicants, coworkers and the general public.
- Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager or Supervisor. Remains polite and courteous at all times.
Additional responsibilities required of Mobile Examiner:
- Ensures facilities or work areas are neat, clean and in good repair, takes appropriate action to advise Manager or Supervisor of required repairs and maintenance; Disposes of biohazard containers when scheduled
- Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems to Manager or Supervisor as they occur; stock supplies as needed
- Work effectively with staff employees to ensure compliance with dress code, EHS & QA requirements, customer service requirements and SOPs, advising the Manager or Supervisor of any issues or problems as they arise.
- Performs other department-related clerical duties when assigned.
- Answers phone and dispatch calls when assigned.
- Participates in teams and special projects when asked.
- Assist Manager or Supervisor with the implementation of SOPs for examiner services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- With direction and guidance from Manager or Supervisor, and having appropriate training guidelines, act as a mentor and resource person for new employees providing support for department protocols, practices and procedures.
- Assist with the distribution of technical information and communications to the workgroup.
- Travel and flexible hours are required.
- All other duties as assigned, within the scope of the position.
May be required to provide input to Group Leader and/or Supervisor on occasion.
High school diploma or equivalent
Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant certification preferred (ASCP certification required in some states)
- Minimum one-year phlebotomy experience with pediatric and geriatric patients
- Prefer urine or hair follicle collection and EKG experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties on weekends, evenings and early AM.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment. Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Shasta County Redding, CA 96001 Today
Jeffrey Hines - State Farm Agent Oak Park, IL 60302 Today