IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
For more than a century, Goodyear has led the industry in manufacturing innovative tires that deliver the highest level of performance for everything from passenger cars and trucks to airplanes, heavy-duty mining equipment, and racecars. We are devoted to advancing tire technology, applying our innovations to new products that deliver confident mobility for drivers everywhere. If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career path, you will enjoy being a part of the manufacturing team.
As an Oiler, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all tire-related manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for related safety and housekeeping throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled lubrication of the moving parts or wearing surfaces of mechanical equipment such as shafts, motors, bearings, sprockets, drive chains, gears, pulleys, as required.
- Identify and report machine defects or malfunctions to supervision
- Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
- Abide by safe work practices including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Must provide basic tools
- Previous Industrial Oiler experience with the basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices.
- Journeyman's card
- Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards
- Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
- Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done in a timely manner
- Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
- Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
- Commitment to working safely
- Willingness to adhere to tobacco-free policy