Job descriptionCompany Overview: Center for Sight is the largest eye center in northwest Florida, with offices in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, and Pace that offer full clinic and optical boutique services. Our team of physicians and staff bring a strong blend of experience, empathy and education that enables Center for Sight to offer a full range of clinical, optical, and surgical services. We’ve assembled a team of board-certified Ophthalmologists and experienced Optometrists to handle all aspects of eye care; as they provide both general optometry and specialized ophthalmology eyecare, including routine vision exams, detection and treatment of ocular disease, LASIK, and complex ocular surgeries. Position Summary: We are now hiring for an Ophthalmic technician that will support a high-volume ophthalmic and optometric practice that focuses on providing quality and compassionate care to each patient needing complete eye care services. Responsibilities: This position requires customer service skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a degree of independent decision-making.
Ophthalmic skills include:
- Obtaining and documenting patient history
- Determining visual acuity
- Performing automated refraction
- Administering eye drops, ointments, and irrigating solutions to the eye as ordered by physician
- Performing office duties and clinical tasks - entering data into EMR
- Providing patient services
- Maintaining equipment and instruments
- Dependable transportation required to travel to other offices as required
- Must be flexible with traveling to various locations and working some weekends.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to seek instruction in areas where he/she is not knowledgeable
- The ability to recognize inconsistencies
- Graduation from an accredited high school
- 401k w/ Match
- Telemedicine (100% company paid)
- EAP (100% company paid)
- Group Life/AD&D (100% company paid)
- STD (100% company paid)
- LTD (100% company paid)
- Generous PTO Package
- 7.5 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee Discounts and Perks
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Kids R Kids Learning Academy of Waterset & Southshore Apollo Beach, FL 33572 $13.50 - $20.00 an hour 30+ days ago